so i got this new dimavery fr-621 (german brand)
and yes it sounds really impressive , more then i suspected

but today i played with my bandmates and the guitar just wasn't loud enough
even if i turned the volume of my amp on max it wasnt loud
i'm sure that it wasnt the amp , so maybe the cable?its new too , but a very cheap one

and saturday is my bands first gig
so should i rather lend me a guitar from a friend or do you think it'll be okay?
the'v got their one amps at the gig

and is there any way to fix it when itits the guitars fault?

hope sbd can help me
New amp

/thread
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Quote by metallhead
Check the wiring of your pickups. It could be a short circuit.

How do i check them ???

Quote by d3mon slay
Amps fault

I'm sure its not the amp because i tried the one from the other guitarist and he treid mine
Turn the volume up on your guitar?
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
Quote by 666-JoE-666
Turn the volume up on your guitar?

of yourse i did but thanks that you ask
2Humbuckers and a gingle coil in the middle
dont now what tipes
5 way pickup selector of course
Quote by tommyt
were you by any chance using the single coil?

Didnt understand what you meant ( I#m german^^)
if you mean if i used the single coil: yes
and if it was louder : no
what i mean is the single coil won't be as loud as the humbuckers in your guitar.

If you only used the single coil and the other guy was using buckers ....
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
well in that case i'd say, check thr control cavity, make sure everything is wired up properly .... if it isnt, fix it, if it is .... new pickups or a new amp.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
I would also check the output jack from the guitar and see if it's connected correctly. Also get a wiring diagram and see if all the conections are done correctly, check for a loose wire in the back of your guitar. Is the sound low on all pickups, does it get louder even for a second if you shake the guitar a little?
if none of that works, try bypassing the volume pot, sometimes those can be faulty.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by metallhead
I would also check the output jack from the guitar and see if it's connected correctly. Also get a wiring diagram and see if all the conections are done correctly, check for a loose wire in the back of your guitar. Is the sound low on all pickups, does it get louder even for a second if you shake the guitar a little?

how do i get a wiring diagram and the other things???
Quote by CrazyDavey
Check the amp with a different guitar.

done and they're louder like i said
Oh amp... why won't you be loud enough.... its the amp bud
Quote by CrackerJack465
Amps dont matter.
NeWb!
Quote by cryzhadry
how do i get a wiring diagram and the other things???

Usually the pickups manufacturer has them on his site. Try to find out who makes them or who designes them, maybe there are also forums for the manufacturer of the guitar that has more info. I know both Seymour Duncan and EMG sited have wiring diagrams for a lot of combinations so you might want to check those too.

Did you check for a loose wire? Everything looks connected in the back cavity of your guitar?

Also try what Kid_Thorazine said, bypass the volume pot with a piece of metal and see if the volume goes up.

Is the guitar new or you bought it used? If used maybe the previous owner changed the pickups and did not make all the connections correctly.
If it has batteries they could be dying. My dad's bass has batteries and they were going dead and acted very similar to what you described.
Hey, man, I hate to hear that this is happening to you!
It happened to me before. (But make sure and test the guitar with a different cable!)
I would unscrew whatever covers the input jack and do a basic look to see if any wires look stripped or broken/loose... If there are, go buy a soldering iron and some solder and you can fix it real easy. Or, of course, get a pro to do it.
If there aren't any broken wires near the input, I would take it to a pro to check it out to make sure you have it fixed before your gig...