A friend wants a new amp and guitar with a budget of £200, I suggested a new amp, and I said a Roland 20X is a good amp to get (he wanted one with plenty of effects built in)

And his friend who has been playing for 4 years, one and a half years longer than me, who owns a Spider III is persueding him somehow to get one, I told him they arn't very good.. at all. But he's still going for the Line6 cause it's cheaper.

Quote:

"im sticking with that spider amp like it better cause i don't really want the best amp i can find just something cheap with good effects that will last me a couple years, same with the guitar but i don't want a boring one if you get me =P"

I'll link him to this.
Advise him on what to get, and tell him your views on the Spider III.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Stop caring so much, as long as he's not buying one to gig with it's a perfectly valid choice. Even if it's the wrong one.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
He's getting it to be a practice amp and that's what it's made for. You don't necessarily have to talk him out of it. But if you want an arguing point you can try to tell him that they have reliability issues.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
He's beyond help...what kind of retard would say "I don't want the best amp I can find"
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i have a spider 3
and i think its a really nice amp for the price.....
there are tons of effects
he would enjoy it
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
I don't want an argue point, it's not an argument, I just hated the spider III when i played it, and there's better amps he could get.

I just think he can do better with his money than a Line 6.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
not effects wise.................from the sounds of it he just wants to mess around with a guitar and this is a good amp for that........it wouldnt be good for gigging.........but it is great to practice and save money on other effects being that you get just about any that you could possibly want...built in
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
actually with all the effects and extras that come with that amp its a great bargain. i personally however do not like the distortion
Quote by Vauxite
I don't want an argue point, it's not an argument, I just hated the spider III when i played it, and there's better amps he could get.

I just think he can do better with his money than a Line 6.

Except he explicitly said he wanted cheaper...so in a way, he can't. But if you really want to persuade him off the SIII then just tell him what you said...you hated it when you played it and there are better amps he could get. But if he doesn't want to listen to your advice, let it be. The world will keep turning if a SIII is purchased.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by steven seagull
He's beyond help...what kind of retard would say "I don't want the best amp I can find"

+1
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
The effects suck. He can do so much better. And hell no am I just jumping the bandwagon. I owned a Spider II and sold it less then about a month ago. Craigslist. I hate it's tone, and I hate it's crappy effects.

Tell him to get a Roland Cube.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Quote by leondb
The effects suck. He can do so much better. And hell no am I just jumping the bandwagon. I owned a Spider II and sold it less then about a month ago. Craigslist. I hate it's tone, and I hate it's crappy effects.

Tell him to get a Roland Cube.

+1... unfortunatley its true, not really any good except for low level bedroom practice, or warming up before u go on stage with a better amp set up. But thats my opinion on the S2... never heard the 3...
Hey, you can't fix stupid. Let him learn his lesson, you will say I told you so someday...
Spider 3 is good. I have the 75w, its nothing compared to my tube, but its still good.

It can sound amazing if you tweak it right, but the effects are ****.

I dont think you should look for effects in an amp because chances are youll never use them or theyll get really old really fast. But as you play more and more your going to want to get rid of the spider 3.
I AM thinking of buying an new amp, which is better? Roland Cube-20x or Line6 Spider III 75? i play mainly at home but is the Line6 spider good for small gigs? Its 75W so the sound can't be a problem, Also i've got an roland cube20x, i just wanna know is it better?
Quote by Slovak_Ghost
i have a spider 3
and i think its a really nice amp for the price.....
there are tons of effects
he would enjoy it

You enjoy the sound of angry bees inside your amp? I dont bandwagon, I tried a spider III at the guitar store. I was blown away, in THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION! I know the owner personally and was like "Steve, WTF, Why do you even carry this thing?" It took me about 5- 10 minutes of playing to walk away knowing, I would never get that wasted time back.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

The cube is better. Neither of those amps should ever be brought on a stage though. If you want something gigable you're gonna need to up the budget.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not