Poll: Which Guitar Should I get?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Guitar Should I get?
Gibson LP Studio ( pushing my $ limit)
6 12%
ESP MH-400
2 4%
ESP EC-1000
11 22%
PRS Mira (also pushing limit)
11 22%
Washburn WI-66PRO
0 0%
Washburn X50PRO
1 2%
Ibanez XPT700FX
5 10%
Other
15 29%
Voters: 51.
so i wanna new guitar and have a price range of 0 - 1500. please vote

I play just about everything there is.
My Gear:
Washburn WI64
Fender CD-60

Quote by f22master
it is a tracking device so the aliens can find you and take you into their ship and do experiments on you!!!! DON'T TOUCH IT!!!

Quote by YourMessiah666
definitely sexy. all washburn guitars are sexy
Last edited by fattyrar7 at Jul 1, 2008,
sorry slow on putting up the poll
My Gear:
Washburn WI64
Fender CD-60

Quote by f22master
it is a tracking device so the aliens can find you and take you into their ship and do experiments on you!!!! DON'T TOUCH IT!!!

Quote by YourMessiah666
My vote is for other...My Schecter hellraiser is very nice, and I played most of those guitars before settling on the Schecter. The Schecter Hollywood classic should run about $850 and will be very capable of handling all styles you throw it's way...

Peace...
Tim
When I tried to play something and screwed up, I'd hear some other note that would come into play. Then I started trying different things to find the beauty in it. --- Dimebag Darrell
mira is stupidly versatile in the range of tones it can do, so if you play a bit of everything thats my vote
PRS Custom 22
Fender American Stratocaster
Fender Road Worn Telecaster
Fairclough Sky Accoustic

Laney VC15-110
Roland MicroCube
Quote by SickLife220
My vote is for other...My Schecter hellraiser is very nice, and I played most of those guitars before settling on the Schecter. The Schecter Hollywood classic should run about $850 and will be very capable of handling all styles you throw it's way...

Peace...
Tim

Yep, +1. Buy it, now.
If I was you, I'd consider a Fender MIA Strat with HSS configuration. It's well known for it's versatility and it beats all of your poll's options in the clean department.

Out of the ones you listed, I voted for the LP, just because I find it the most pleasing tonally. It's one hell of a rock and blues guitar, but doesn't work for funk too well. You have to watch out, some of those Studio LPs have horribly rough fretboards, unlike the higher end Gibsons. Definitely try before you buy.
i think you really need to decide how much you're willing to spend... what tones do you need to be more authentic than others? what's your current rig? etc. etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think it'd be better if you split your current budget, maybe $800-$1000 for amp and $500-700 for the guitar. If you told us what kind of music you're playing, whether your gigging, or simply a bedroom player, then it'd be easier for us to decide.
Quote by Dave_Mc
i think you really need to decide how much you're willing to spend... what tones do you need to be more authentic than others? what's your current rig? etc. etc.

i said what the price was and my signature has my gear in it. what more do you want?
My Gear:
Washburn WI64
Fender CD-60

Quote by f22master

Quote by YourMessiah666
Quote by Iceman 420
I think it'd be better if you split your current budget, maybe $800-$1000 for amp and $500-700 for the guitar. If you told us what kind of music you're playing, whether your gigging, or simply a bedroom player, then it'd be easier for us to decide.

i already have a good amp. i dont gig but i play for people at my parents parties.
My Gear:
Washburn WI64
Fender CD-60

Quote by f22master

Quote by YourMessiah666
you can customize Carvin's?
My Gear:
Washburn WI64
Fender CD-60

Quote by f22master

Quote by YourMessiah666
Yes, go to the Carvin site, to the guitar you want, then click on the Build & Order Your Guitar.
#1: a gibson LP studio doesn't cost $1500, it only costs $550-$700.
#2: dont get it any way cuz most LP studio's are ****.
#3: get the guitar that you feel most comfortable playing! it doesnt matter what other people think! its how YOU like the guitar! not anyone else!!!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by f22master
#1: a gibson LP studio doesn't cost $1500, it only costs $550-$700.
#2: dont get it any way cuz most LP studio's are ****.
#3: get the guitar that you feel most comfortable playing! it doesnt matter what other people think! its how YOU like the guitar! not anyone else!!!

alright thanks
My Gear:
Washburn WI64
Fender CD-60

Quote by f22master

Quote by YourMessiah666
Quote by fattyrar7
i said what the price was and my signature has my gear in it. what more do you want?

gee, sorry, i'm only trying to help.

do you have a link to some info about your amp? i'm not familiar with it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
that wasn't in your sig.

i would STRONGLY advise splitting your budget and spending around 50-60% of it on a new amp.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ok.... according to the initial post you play all kinds of styles, which means you are gonna need a guitar that can do many kinds of tones.....

The ONLY guitars on that list that can do both single coil tones and humbucking tones (so you can cover all styles of play) via a coil tap are the PRS Mira OR the Washburn WI60 Pro....

SO, you should eliminate all the other guitars from the list.... not that they are bad guitars, but for versatility the others simply won't cut it. If you can, go to a music store and try these two guitars out to see which one will be better suited for you!

Good luck.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
schecter c1 hellraiser
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
Quote by brianthemayan
Ok.... according to the initial post you play all kinds of styles, which means you are gonna need a guitar that can do many kinds of tones.....

The ONLY guitars on that list that can do both single coil tones and humbucking tones (so you can cover all styles of play) via a coil tap are the PRS Mira OR the Washburn WI60 Pro....

SO, you should eliminate all the other guitars from the list.... not that they are bad guitars, but for versatility the others simply won't cut it. If you can, go to a music store and try these two guitars out to see which one will be better suited for you!

Good luck.

possibly; if you're willing to rewire (assuming they're 4-conductor pickups) it's not all that hard to put coil taps in. certainly it's possible if you switch pickups. i wouldn't buy a guitar i didn't like just because it had coil taps, in other words, as if you want them badly enough, you can add them... granted it's more effort though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Fender MIM Strat or... Dean ML
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
Quote by Dave_Mc
possibly; if you're willing to rewire (assuming they're 4-conductor pickups) it's not all that hard to put coil taps in. certainly it's possible if you switch pickups. i wouldn't buy a guitar i didn't like just because it had coil taps, in other words, as if you want them badly enough, you can add them... granted it's more effort though.

good point!....

though I still vote for the PRS... IMHO all the other instruments will be far inferior in quality of construction feel, and in tone.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
i haven't tried the mira, but based on the prses i have tried, i think you're probably right. Only thing would be, if you're willing to go to the price of the mira, there are possibly other guitars of similar quality (which haven't been mentioned so far) which might be worth a look. I'm not too well up on USA prices, though, so I could be wrong.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?