http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Plain-Top-Electric-Guitar-103812863-i1149387.gc

VS

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-SZ520QM-Quilted-Maple-Electric-Guitar-518872-i1167499.gc

I would like to add that i play Metal and blues, currently i have an ESP F-50 however i am looking to replace it with one of the 2, I CANNOT make up my mind between the 2, my favorite guitarists incl:- Gary Moore, Glenn Tipton, Phil Campbell, Joe Satriani.
What about in terms of sound? How do the 2 compare? From what I can gather they're both very versatile guitars.
^^ Well, they're both mahogany, so you're going to get a fairly dark sound whichever one you choose. I think the Ibanez will give you edge when you're playing metal and the Seymour Duncans will give you a good, tight distorted sound as well as nice cleans for when you're playing blues.

The LP will give you a nice bluesy tone, but for metal I think the Ibanez is better. The Epi has a thicker neck and the upper fret access isn't as good. For metal, you want a nice smooth, fairly thin neck IMO.
Well i haven't played the Ibanez yet, but I have played a Gibson Les Paul, my former teacher Glenn Drover(Lead guitarist who played with Megadeth) taught me and I once had played his 3000$ les paul several times
Your teacher is Glenn Drover?
im jealous..

But yeah, the gibson doesnt nearly compare with the epiphone, if you do get the epiphone, dont expect it to be nearly the same as the gibson.

But get the ibanez. The Duncans are much more versatile than the epiphone stock pick-ups.
GEAR
Epiphone LesPaul 100
Fender FM212R 100watt
Pawn Shop Strat ripoff
Fender G-Dec
Digitech RP80

GETTING SOON
Jackson RR3 Pro Series
CFH Wah
^^ Very cool! Well I'd give the Ibby a play and if you like it better then go with it. Its all very well me telling you what to buy, but you're the best judge.

Good luck
Those SZ's are damn nice guitars, with better hardware and electronics than the LP. I'd take it over the Epi any day. BTW, check Musiciansfriend. IIRC, the remaining SZ520's are on sale for under $400.
Quote by KirknRandall
Your teacher is Glenn Drover?
im jealous..

But yeah, the gibson doesnt nearly compare with the epiphone, if you do get the epiphone, dont expect it to be nearly the same as the gibson.

But get the ibanez. The Duncans are much more versatile than the epiphone stock pick-ups.

Yeah, he recently quit megadeth, he teaches at this place nearby called Long&Mcquade or w.e :P
i saw the new les paul ish ibanez with the new finish yesterday. looks veery nice

only stock ibanez pickups tho
Quote by KirknRandall
... the Gibson doesnt nearly compare with the Epiphone ...

I couldn't agree more. IMHO it is hard going to the Epi Les Pauls after playing Gibsons. Just my $0.02...
I normally don't like Ibanez but I would recommend the SZ over any Epiphone Les Paul. I would trust the QC of Ibanez over Epiphone any day.
haha nobody likes epi here. but at my school everyone does...

most of my guitarist friends all have epi les pauls. about 4 of them. 2 have gibson les pauls. one has a les paul copy and only 2 that i know have an ibanez.

but ibanez ftw!