I was thinking of getting new pickups put in my Dean VX. But I don't know what kind of pickups to get or how to install them. I normally play Megadeth and Metallica and some other thrash stuff I write. what pickups should I get?
What kind of amp do you have?

It sounds to me like you don't know anything about pickups and just want to change them because you've heard about other people doing it.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Well, I just wanted to get my guitar upgraded, I'm not exactly a fan of Dean's stock pickups. I just wanted to know about pickups for the kind of music I play. In response to timi_hendrix, I have a Raven RG20 but I'm going to upgrade to the Raven half-stack soon.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Don't upgrade to the Raven Halfstack, and don't bother with pickups right now.

Agreed.

My Music
Are you planning on gigging? I assume so given that you were looking at a halfstack, if you are how big are the venues you'll be playing?

My Music
The Venues are big enough for 200 people, they have an average crowd of 120 on a Saturday night. Nice Crate by the Way, i'll take that into consideration.
Last edited by Spartan101400 at Jul 2, 2008,
Quote by Spartan101400
I've heard that some Line 6 amps are good for thrash, does anyone know about those?

OH GOD! - Just not spiders
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
Yeah, I don't like the Spiders, I hate playing them at Guitar Center. But what about other amps from Line 6?
Spiders are perfect...they produce the loudest sound on a 15 watt Ive ever heard...the insane channel is perfect for thrash.

wtf is the hate on the spiders?
I don't like the sound that comes out of spiders, it's not metal enough for me. I wanted to get a nice amp for my band's first gig because where I live, there is no thrash, so we want to bring it into the music community around here.
Quote by Spartan101400
I don't like the sound that comes out of spiders, it's not metal enough for me. I wanted to get a nice amp for my band's first gig because where I live, there is no thrash, so we want to bring it into the music community around here.
Dude, just check the presets on there...meshuggah did a insansely awesome deep metal preset on there and it sounds so deep
I'm impressed with the Dimarzios GoDrex, thats the kind of sound I'm going for. I'm probably going to have to make up my mind so I can get an amp at the 4th of July sale at Guitar Center for my first gig on Saturday.
I like my Valveking for thrash, it sounds like Metallica's Ride the Lightning IMO. just thought I'd thow that out there, even though timi and acdcrocks will probably shoot it down. but, that's my opinion
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Well, my band had their first gig on saturday and I used my friends Marshall Half-Stack and It wasn't that bad, but it could've been better.
It was an MG series, I didn't really find it to be such a big deal, but I believe you all the way that this wasn't a real Marshall amp. But the gig went well.