So, I'm looking at some Planet Waves guitar cables online, and I've noticed there are "standard" ones that I can get for less than £10 for a 10footer.
Or these "custom" ones that cost nearly twice as much.

Could anybody please explain the difference between them?
Is it worth buying these "custom" ones of the standard?

Thankyou

- Corko93

EDIT: Neither of the cables have any angular ends before you ask
Last edited by Corko93 at Jul 1, 2008,
If you make $10million a year and have a $250,000 live guitar rig, then, by all means, go custom.

But if you want a cable that does what it's meant to do just get the standard one.

Planet Waves won't sell you a crappy cable, and I don't see the point in paying extra for one that will probably sound just the same

Just my opinion on the matter though.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
I read an article on them earlier today, and the custom ones just have more sheilding for removal of noise and gold tips. BUT there bets one has like a mute switch on the end of it so when you change guitars or something theres no noise, which i thought was cool but thats only useful if you play live.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by LaGrange
I read an article on them earlier today, and the custom ones just have more sheilding for removal of noise and gold tips. BUT there bets one has like a mute switch on the end of it so when you change guitars or something theres no noise, which i thought was cool but thats only useful if you play live.

But if you put the amp on standby, you don't need that
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Okay I went for the classic.
I bought 2 for £13 including postage

now I just need a patch lead for my pedals
Quote by chase312
But if you put the amp on standby, you don't need that

not everyone knows that if you unplug the guitars, it 'bangs'. besides, hitting a knob on the cable jack is way easier than going to the amp and putting it on standby.
And some tube amps don't even have standby switches.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?