I am planning on buying a guitar which will cost around $700, is pushing the limits of my financial wealth. I'm living at home and am in High School with currently no job besides stuff I do around the house, and ocassionally cutting my neighbor's lawn.

What I want to know is would it be possible to change out the licensed Floyd Rose which is in the guitar and replace it with an Original Floyd Rose with no routing. I am only planning on trying this if I start to have major problems with the Licensed FR it comes with.

If it does require routing at all, would it be a better idea to simply save up for the model which is one step up but is about $200 or $250 more expensive.

Again I would like to remind you of my rediculously low income, which varies from $80/month to $90/month, as well as remind you that this is only an option if my LFR gives my trouble.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
from what I heard dude is that you should save for the original, the gotah, or the schaller ones. those are actually better then the original floyd in my opinion.
It depends, some Lic. Floyd's aren't even routed, some have different post spacing (i.e. Original Floyd Rose, Schaller Original Floyd Rose) and much more.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
You can get used stuff at guitar shows. I paid $75 for a Schaller with very minor finish wear and a nut, plus it had a pretty unique finish on the baseplate that was kind of textured, so that was a bonus. The only thing is to be careful what you buy. Ebay can be home to deals as well.
Best thing is try and find out what size the LFR is on the guitar you wanna buy FIRST and then see if a schaller or gotoh would fit. Like many say the german floyd roses are the best for quality and performance. However the Gotoh is very good but it costs almost the same as the Schaller.

If youre lucky as hell the LFR on the guitar wont be made of scrap metal and may last until you can afford an original.

BTW you could always put the guitar together yourself from parts depending on what you want.
You can make a very nice quality instrument for not much even if you want high end pups and original FR on it.
Just call me Mr Sambo.....

Check out my profile for my covers!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cwGcY6T4xHc

Some licensed floyds are actually quite good, but to me thats too much of a gamble. More often than not they can be quite disappointing. If you do end up swapping on the LFR, I would highly recommend the Schaller Floyd as well.

Mind you it is around $300 US new, which is quite pricey especially in your situation (believe me I can relate) but certainly well worth it.
I got my Gotoh for £100/$200 Brand New.
Brilliant trem, Personally better than my OFR.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do