Im a college student with not much money, and ever since I started way back 7 or so years ago, first guitar, was a Squier Bullet, single humbucker model. Really, im embarrassed of it crappy guitar for a cheap price ( i think i paid 100.00 USD ) and I dont really want to use it in public.

But is it really that bad? I got a new VJ recently, the tubes went on my last one and I didnt know how to replace them, and I spent the cash anyways. But I dont know, im tempted to just toss it. of course then I would only have an acoustic for the months till I could get a Strat.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Peavey Triumph 112 120W all tube
Takamine EG333C
what's your question?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
should it be embarrasing to use such a crapy guitar?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Peavey Triumph 112 120W all tube
Takamine EG333C
there are worse, what matters more is if you can play the crappy guitar
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
If you walk onstage with a crap guitar, people will be all the more amazed when you turn out to be a good guitarist (assuming you are, of course).
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Frankly I'd be more embarrassed using an awesome guitar but playing like total crap than playing good with a crappy guitar.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by timi_hendrix
If you walk onstage with a crap guitar, people will be all the more amazed when you turn out to be a good guitarist (assuming you are, of course).

+1, and it works vice versa. if you go onstage with a rickenbacker or something and turn out to be crap, the audience will be less forgiving than they would be if you are playing something cheap. If i think i'm gonna have a bad day, i bring out the Epi les paul junior
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
90 percent of the audience don't know a humbucker from a single coil, let alone a genuine american strat from say a cheapass guitar bought at k-mart (not that I'm saying that about your bullet :-))
Quote by osiris8
90 percent of the audience don't know a humbucker from a single coil, let alone a genuine american strat from say a cheapass guitar bought at k-mart (not that I'm saying that about your bullet :-))

+1

when you're an avid guitarist you tend to forget that non-guitarists know bugger all about the subject...they couldn't care less what you're using, they just want to be entertained.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i really have no idea what your are asking, if you are asking anything.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by The Real Ming

You bought a new VJ cause the tubes in the last one died?

Yeah... I was wondering this too.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
The only people that will know anything about your guitar one way or the other are other guitarists. And they will probably be more prone to take note of your playing rather than what you're playing.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
there is nothing wrong with playing a cheap guitar in public. i still bring out my squier from time to time and i think it is awesome
Worry about playing well.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
My nephew had a squire and said it was a piece of crap. I ran it through my rig, dropped his jaw and told him it's not the guitar, it's how you play it. Of course a nice amp helps.
My *Core* gear:
Fender: American deluxe strat HSS
Fender: 65 Twin reverb RI
Ibanez: PUE5 Tube floor effects
Furmam: PF Pro R Power Factor
My gear runs silent until the onslaught
this reminds me of the guitargasm with the sears guitar haha...

But seriously if YOU make the guitar sound good there's nothing to be ashamed of.
I would like to show you something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVyroY5mCME

His tone sounds great. That guitar is ****.... and so is the amp. All a nice guitar REALLY does is set your tone a notch better, and quality guitars feel better in your hands. Just keep playing, no matter what equipment you have.

Notice his 3 Marshall full stacks...
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-