I have a string thru ibanez sz720 and i noticed the strings are considerebly harder to bend then my cousins squire strat. Is there any way I can make them easier to work with while still keeping it in standard tuning?
Quote by rich_sg
I've been here nearly 4 years now. I get no respect.

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
If it's a longer scale length, then at the same pitch the strings will feel tighter.

Are both guitars set up with the same string gauge?
You could try tuning down a half step. It shouldn't make TOO MUCH of a difference.
Gear:

-Guitars-
Esp/LTD JH-200
Ibanez RG2EX2
Yamaha FD01

-Amps-
Marshall MGDFX250 (It was a Gift)
Peavey Vypyr 15 watt

-Effects-
Digitech DF-7
what are you tlaking about? I am a noob please dont confuse me with big words liek that.
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
go into your local GC and ask for a set of extra slinky's...

Jimmy Page did it.
Quote by Rooskiy
what are you tlaking about? I am a noob please dont confuse me with big words liek that.

This basically means going from EADGBe(standard tuning) to Eb Ab Db Gb Bb eb(b=flat)(this is dropping every string down half a a step. Geddit?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Everyone else has nailed it. Tune down or get thinner strings.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
the string gauge is the thckness of the strings, thinner strings are easier to bend. You should probably look into getting strings of a smaller gauge then what you have. I would suggest buying 9 gauge ernie ball slinkys or Diaddrio XL's, your local music store should carry them.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Alright I'll try and explain this in a different since you're new. Guitar strings come in different thicknesses called gauges. The bigger the gauge number, the tighter and harder to bend the strings are, but they have a fuller sound. We suspect that your guitar has too thick of a string gauge for a beginner. So what you should do if you want new strings, is go into a store that sells strings and ask for a set of nines. They should know what you're talking about. Then put the new strings on. You'll have to find a guide somewhere or ask your cousin.
D:
Signature.
Use lighter gauge strings. I mean no disrespect here, but strings come in different gauges. Lighter strings will be easier to bend. Heavy strings will have richer tone.

I don't think changing your tuning is what you're looking for.

Ask your friend what gauge and brand he uses, and get some for yourself.
If you have a tremolo on your guitar and you change the string gauge, make sure you get it properly set up or else it will never stay in tune.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
The only solution is to buy a new set of strings of lighter gauge like 9s or even 8s.
How much time have you been playing? Maybe you just need to practice until it gets comfortable to you.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
ORRRRRRR
you could just play and gradually get stronger fingers.

just a suggestion.
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.
Or, you could get a steel-string acoustic and play that a while. Then, when you pick up your electric, you'll be amazed at how light and easy to bend the strings are!
super slikys! even an old man like me can bend em like butta!
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by ScottB.
This basically means going from EADGBe(standard tuning) to Eb Ab Db Gb Bb eb(b=flat)(this is dropping every string down half a a step. Geddit?

of course I get that. but then again 99% of all tabs are written in standard tuning so i dont know if I wanna compromise that.
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
what gage strings do you reccomend? how thin are we speaking?
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
Quote by Rooskiy
of course I get that. but then again 99% of all tabs are written in standard tuning

Now that just can't be true.
Quote by Survivalism
Now that just can't be true.

+1
Go look at some Guns n' Roses or Van Halen tabs. Or if you really want to be proven wrong, try out some Alter Bridge stuff.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Dude, just keep playing until you get stronger fingers. I'm willing to bet that pretty much all of us here had to deal with this issue.