Hey guys, I'm new here and I made a disturbing observation the other day.

Upon listening to a great Pantera CD (as I'm sure you're all familiar with), I noticed something sketchy with the arpeggios.

Now if you listen closely to Cemetary Gates, it sounds like rather than tremolo picking, Dime is actually using an effects pedal that arpeggiates chords in many different customizable ways. This truly disturbed me as I always thought of Dime as a tremendously great great player. Perhaps this ISN'T the case? hmmmm
I agree, although pantera blows ****.

I think I remember seeing an interview in guitar player magazine, and he said he uses an arpeggiater on the recordings
tell us what spot you are talking about

EDIT: Did you join just so you could post this theory??
Last edited by Gargantuan at Jul 1, 2008,
If it sounds good the power to him, but i really can't stand Pantera anymore. Once i actually got a good look at all the amazing guitar players in the world Dime did not seem so special as well.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

yeah man i heard that too. pantera sucks. they're not like real metal like nickelback and **** like that. mah boi chad kroeger is no joke.
Quote by deanguitarssuck
Hey guys, I'm new here and I made a disturbing observation the other day.

Upon listening to a great Pantera CD (as I'm sure you're all familiar with), I noticed something sketchy with the arpeggios.

Now if you listen closely to Cemetary Gates, it sounds like rather than tremolo picking, Dime is actually using an effects pedal that arpeggiates chords in many different customizable ways. This truly disturbed me as I always thought of Dime as a tremendously great great player. Perhaps this ISN'T the case? hmmmm

a couple of questions:

can you play that solo and make it sound as good as him?
- most people that complain about crap like this usually can't play near as well as the person they are complaining about.

does using an effect pedal take away from all the great work he did?

dude, the guy did some amazing solos. Your going to knock him for using an effect pedal?
don't be so judgmental..... or at least aim the judgment in a more useful place, like your own playing.
shred is gaudy music
deanguitarssuck

does that not give you a hint that this is a troll?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by ultimateM3T4L
yeah man i heard that too. pantera sucks. they're not like real metal like nickelback and **** like that. mah boi chad kroeger is no joke.

LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Quote by Steve08

Quote by ultimateM3T4L

Your like joking right?
shred is gaudy music
i hope not
Quote by Steve08

Dude I went to Berkeley and passed and achieved the rank of Dean Waterman's list. I can play any Dimebag solo ever AND a million of my own that even Mr. Petrucci couldn't ever dream of wanking out
Quote by deanguitarssuck
Dude I went to Berkeley and passed and achieved the rank of Dean Waterman's list. I can play any Dimebag solo ever AND a million of my own that even Mr. Petrucci couldn't ever dream of wanking out

I am Vladimir Putin.
Quote by deanguitarssuck

R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by deanguitarssuck

Yeah and I've been possessed by the vengeful spirit of Dimebag just to say:

Obviously troll is obvious.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by deanguitarssuck

Nobody who is a master of their instrument is so insecure with themselves that they'd feel the need to make that kind of statement.

Plus, if you really were that talented, you'd have:

A) Noticed that a long time ago.
B) Commended him for his use of effects
C) Not felt the need to create this thread to ask UG'ers if they noticed it.

and finally, you claim to hate Dean guitars, yet you sure are a Dimebag fan!

Also, it's almost never the name on the headstock that determines a guitars quality. I love some Gibsons, Fenders, Jacksons, Schecters, etc. I also despise some Gibsons, Fenders, Jacksons, Schecters, etc.

For example, the best playing Strat I've ever touched was made by.... SQUIER! It was a pearl white 20th Anniversary Squier Strat that played better than any Highway 1 American Strat.
tr00 guitrsts onli plai amp 'n guit, effcts r 4 wusez.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by deanguitarssuck

Berkeley means nothing if you're a musician. I mean, it's a nice school and all, but I've never really heard anything about it's music program.

Unless you mean Berklee, in which case, if you went there, you'd be able to spell the name of the school right.

Fail troll is fail.