I've been playing guitar for about 6 years and I know that the Marshall MG series are pretty much junk compared to other solid state amps and compared to the rest of the amps that Marshall makes.

However I'm fairly new to bass. I've heard that there really isnt any difference between tube bass amps and SS bass amps - I was wondering if the MB series are any good or if they are the equivalent of their guitar counterparts.
They are the equivalent of their guitar counterparts.

EDIT: There is a big difference between tube and SS bass amps, it's just that they both have their strengths on bass whereas for guitar, tube wins pretty much every time.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Last edited by indie-bassist at Jul 1, 2008,
I'm curious about these too. I'm pretty sure there is quite a big difference between SS and tube for bass though.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by indie-bassist
They are the equivalent of their guitar counterparts.

EDIT: There is a big difference between tube and SS bass amps, it's just that they both have their strengths on bass whereas for guitar, tube wins pretty much every time.

They are not as bad as MGs are made out to be (but neither are the MG series).

They are both moderate practise amps, but you can get better for the same price.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1