Surfing with the Alien - Joe Satriani

It's not a real riff but great fun to solo along with. Helps me bring out my creative juices.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by isabiggles

It's not a real riff but great fun to solo along with. Helps me bring out my creative juices.

+1

also try some santana stuff, BB King, Clapton, Pink Floyds "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" is a great one

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
Quote by isabiggles

All of his songs are great fun and creative.
Stairway to Heaven. That break down type thing before the solo. Lots of fun for soloing. A-G-F-G [forgot what chord(s) (are) minor and can't be arsed to think].
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by metal4all
Stairway to Heaven. That break down type thing before the solo. Lots of fun for soloing. A-G-F-G [forgot what chord(s) (are) minor and can't be arsed to think].

It's in A minor so ... Am G F G. That's also the chords during the solo.
^it's also the chords for Bob Dylan's - All Along the Watchtower

Any Blues is great to solo over.
Si
Sweet Home Chicago

Red House

Rude Mood

Or pretty much any blues standard.

Too bad there isn't such thing as a Metal standard.
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
The Allman Brothers Band and The Grateful Dead are also very good bands to solo over.

^that

Pretty much, any band that goes into a 2- or 3-chord vamp for several minutes at a time is great for jamming to.
Strat / SH-201 -> DOD Mixer -> ZVex Mastotron -> Fulltone Clyde -> BYOC OD II -> Ibanez FLL -> VS Chorus -> DOD FX 96 -> Boss DD-6 -> MXR 10-Band EQ -> Boss RC-2 -> Stereo Mixer -> Alesis PicoVerb -> Peavey Delta Blues 210/Yamaha Fifty112