so, before i forget this thread in 2 years when the time actually comes, what could you do for work experience if you want to be a touring musician, songwriter or something...musical based for a career? the only option i can see is going to a studio to see how things are run or something - ideas?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
I went to a guitar shop, if that counts? The guys there were real nice but it was boring as hell.
Studio is good, or you could go to a local music magazine or radio station, it'd help you get in touch with the music industry. Oh and you could go around with a local gig promoter too.
I wan't a career in music... And i'm going to a garden centre
Though you can try asking some recording studios.
I was going to a studio but some crappy drummer got there first...
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
hadn't thought of music magazines or radios, and theres only really one music shop nearby and they are pretty small.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by metallicafan616
hadn't thought of music magazines or radios, and theres only really one music shop nearby and they are pretty small.

Small shops may not even take you on, I know some shops like In Tune Music (sandhurst (If you know where that is..)) don't
If you know any bands personally that are touring, ask if you can ride along to a few shows on the tour and see how things are done, offer to do merch while your at it so you wont just be some dude tagging along.
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Quote by loubot123
If you know any bands personally that are touring, ask if you can ride along to a few shows on the tour and see how things are done, offer to do merch while your at it so you wont just be some dude tagging along.

lol I doubt that'll work... especially if any are vaguely popular :P they won't want a yr 11 even doing merch! :P
Quote by kool-kid54
lol I doubt that'll work... especially if any are vaguely popular :P they won't want a yr 11 even doing merch! :P

I ment like local bands that you might be friends with, meh I dunno how it works where you are but theres about 389572847 bands where I am who tour. I have no Idea how old you would be in yr 11 but oh well ^_^
Hmmm ask for experiance in a venue ?
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."