It sounds out of tune when I play, though when I check it on my tuner all the notes are good, and the intonation is good too.

Do I need to get me some thicker strings? I'm using .10's now.
I think you just have a bad bridge for low tunings. You're strings should be fine.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
I know this is hard to describe, but how exactly does it sound bad? Is it excessive fret buzz? That might be the cause, because .10s are a little thin for drop C and might be totally sloppy, therefore buzzing.
I use .12 or .13 strings for drop C. I think thicker strings would help.
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
I think you might be accidentally bending the strings a little when you press them down on the frets due to how they become looser when you downtune. That creates an out of tune feeling.
I'd say you definitely need to up to at least .11's if you're playing in drop C, I'm willing to bet that's at least part of your problem.
Quote by TheQuailman
I know this is hard to describe, but how exactly does it sound bad? Is it excessive fret buzz? That might be the cause, because .10s are a little thin for drop C and might be totally sloppy, therefore buzzing.

I don't think it's that, it's more of an out of tune sound.

Quote by l33ch-man
I think you might be accidentally bending the strings a little when you press them down on the frets due to how they become looser when you downtune. That creates an out of tune feeling.

You're probably right.

I'll get some heavier strings definitely.

I'm thinking some EB Skinny top heavy bottoms.
My bandmates LTD ec-50 always does this. I have no idea whats up. I'd try heavier strings. I have my bottom 3 (CGC) as .11's and my top 3 (FAD) as .10's.

It gives you heavier riffs, and then you can do nice bends on the high strings.
I was living a lie, now I'm dying to know the truth...