ok ive been playing for about two years and consider myself an intermediate. the problem is on the 4th-6th strings anywhere passed the 8th fret sounds chunky and like crap. is it the gauge strings im using or is there another problem? right now i have an Ibanez SA120 and its set up to dropped B.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Tune up to standard. If the problem goes away, you're tuned down too much.

WHat gague strings do you use?

the strings are way too thick to go to standard. you can't even play. i had it customly done i think the gauge string i have is a 12 gauge string. there extremely thick. the 6th string is probably about the same as one of the strings on a bass
I'm thinking since the strings are tuned so low, anything will sound a bit chunky because the string tension is loose and it makes for more rattling/chunkiness.

I would say you're good enough to hit the notes/chords correctly so it sounds like a string/guitar/amp problem.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by jasonmetal love
I'm thinking since the strings are tuned so low, anything will sound a bit chunky because the string tension is loose and it makes for more rattling/chunkiness.

I would say you're good enough to hit the notes/chords correctly so it sounds like a string/guitar/amp problem.

damn it i figured that... well im bored with dropped b anyway i guess im jus gonna set up my guitar to standard again i miss metallica. thank you guys though