Hey,
I'm in the process of finishing up my amp rig, so I have my eyes set on a small pedalboard.
Essentially, I'm going to want a Wah, a high end EQ (is there anything nicer than the MXR ones?), a nice overdrive, and perhaps a clean boost. MAYBE a delay, but I don't really have the need for one really. And depending on if it helps, i'll throw my Sonic Stomp in.

Now, I have a limited knowledge of pedals (i'm more of an amp guy), so I'm gonna need some help.
I am going to save up over the summer to get high grade stuff, so budget isn't really too much of a problem. But, i'm still going to want something with a good quality:price ratio, but I don't want to cheap out.
And, if you could suggest a good product to power these pedals, that'd be sweet!

I play mostly blues and a LITTLE classic rock, for your info.

So, to sum up, I want a high grade product for each one of these pedals:

Wah-
EQ/Tone shaper-
Overdrive-
Clean boost (maybe)-
Delay-

Thanks!

Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
wah: Fulltone Clyde Deluxe
eq: have to go with the mxr 10 band...
overdrive: Maxon od808
clean boost: BBE Boosta grande?
delay: do you want digital or analog?
Metal muff all the way for overdrive
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Explosion

Amps:
Peavey ValveKing 112

Effects:
BOSS ME-50
Metal Muff
Quote by mikepark89

arnt the muffs more destortion pedals? :S
Quote by mikepark89

I play blues...

Alright, sounds good. I'll wait for more recommendations.
I wanted something a bit "nicer" than the typical tubescreamer. I was thinking a Fulltone fulldrive or something, or perhaps a Butler tube driver, or maybe something by barber.
And I would want an analog delay.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Oh yeah, I've heard that carbon copy is pretty good.

Alright. I'm just gonna sit back and see what other recommendations come up.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Wah- There are a bunch of different options. You might be happy with just a bare bones v847. But you might want something like a Fulltone or a Vox Clyde wah, or maybe a Budda Budwah.

EQ- MXR M-108, or nothing because your amp already sounds so good.

Overdrive- Vox Cooltron Duel Drive or a Blackstar overdrive

Clean boost- either a Vox Cooltron Brit Boost or a BBE Boosta Grande.

Delay- I don't know why you'd need one, unless you play more John Mayer or Robert Cray type stuff. But EHX Memory Man.
Quote by imgooley
Wah- There are a bunch of different options. You might be happy with just a bare bones v847. But you might want something like a Fulltone or a Vox Clyde wah, or maybe a Budda Budwah.

I did have a v847 for a while. It was a bit too "thin" sounding, although I really liked it other than that. I just felt like it wasn't very thick sounding, but i'll look into those

EQ- MXR M-108, or nothing because your amp already sounds so good.
Guess you're right, but I just want something just to fine tune everything. And to perhaps use it to change between tones without increasing gain or volume

Overdrive- Vox Cooltron Duel Drive or a Blackstar overdrive
I've heard of those, they look cool. I am still thinking of getting the Butler, it's hailed as very good everywhere I look. I'll look into both of those though

Clean boost- either a Vox Cooltron Brit Boost or a BBE Boosta Grande.
Alright, I don't really want to go for the Boosta Grande, I thought it lost some dynamics when I had it on. I'll look at that vox one though.

Delay- I don't know why you'd need one, unless you play more John Mayer or Robert Cray type stuff. But EHX Memory Man.
I play Eric Johnson stuff on occasion, and it'd be nice to have a delay just to get something different than the straight up simple tone I usually play with.

Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
for a wah, look into the Teese real mccoy wahs.

i dont really think your going to need an EQ, but the MXR are the highest quality one i know of. i dont think theres a real demand for boutique eqs.

Most OD pedals are just wanting to sound like a Vintage TS808, and most people have that tone in there head, so why not go ahead and get a vintage 808 or exact clone.

for a clean boost, i use my tubescreamer. mine has a stock TS setting, flip a switch and get a clean boost, and flip the switch again and it uses LEDs for clippers.

if there really is no budget, go with some type of Tube powered tape delay.

and also, i never thought i would see you get any pedals, haha. you always seemed like a no pedal kind of guy.

also, you should get a A/B/Y pedal, so you can switch between your 2 amps, or use them at the same time. also i would get a looper pedal, (not the kind that records what you play and repeats it to jam over). This would allow you to take all of your pedals out of the signal chain (or a combination of pedals) so that your clean tone is perfectly in tact. also you could have mutliple pedals turned on, but out of the loop, and then with a click of one pedal, you would have mulitiple boxes turned on.

and one more thing, you should build your own board. Its much cheaper and easier than spending money on a factory built one. its alot of fun too.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
DUH! I need an ABY. Thanks for reminding me.

Yeah, I am a guy who doesn't really need alot of pedals. A simple wah and OD (and switching pedals of course) would really be sufficient, but I thought i'd get a little extra just to mix things up.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Ive heard fantastic things about the Carbon Copy.

AS for an EQ give the Boss eq20 a look. Its like a EQ for big boys. I dont think you can go bigger or better than that without going to something rack mounted.
Quote by darkarbiter7
DUH! I need an ABY. Thanks for reminding me.

Yeah, I am a guy who doesn't really need alot of pedals. A simple wah and OD (and switching pedals of course) would really be sufficient, but I thought i'd get a little extra just to mix things up.

haha its cool, im kind of the same way. and now im torn because im always getting hired to play with different bands, so i need alot of versatility. im really wanting to get a fuzz face and a few other things.
and i knew you would really need an A/B/Y pedal. im looking for a lower wattage amp to OD the crap out of and A/B it with my fender. I hope you look into a looper pedal too, im going to get one if i ever decidde to add to my pedal collection. i kind of want another TS.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.