Poll: Did you get kicked out from a band?
Poll Options
View poll results: Did you get kicked out from a band?
Yes
38 12%
No
178 56%
I left the band
101 32%
Voters: 317.
Page 1 of 3
Well I just got a call from my band's drummer (sad, I know...), and he told me that now that they have a keyboard, having a lead guitarist is overkill, and that my style is more metal so they decided to exclude me from the band.
I'm okay with that. I see that more as their loss rather than mine and didn't take it personally (though it's still not a good feeling).

Well so how much of you got kicked out, and why?
Poll is coming up.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I did.

And because I can't improvise for ****. I informed them that I was a Rhythm guitarist. Tbh, it really sucks as I really loved that band. First and probably only band in my area that had some sort of talent.
I've never been kicked, but I've left a lot on my own accord. Most recently 2 at the same time, due to personal issues (I had to move to another city)

It effing sucked
I got kicked once, but it wasn't really in a malicious kind of way; I didn't want to leave the band but they basically forced me because the music wasn't really my thing.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I left four bands. Well, it was technically three, but I left one twice and I'm back in with them again.

It's not that big of a deal though. I'm 14. All of these 'bands' are just guys playing together and jacking around. I leave once they try to get somewhere, and end up not knowing any theory and become control freaks and assholes who set up gigs when we don't have a set.

Have you ever tried to learn an hour's worth of music in 20 days? I don't know about you guys, but to get that well practiced between 4 people to the point that it's professional is difficult for me. Plus, none of us can drive so we only practiced once a week, at most.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
I got kicked. I went away for a weekend on a BBC training course (had to decided between that and a gig) so the band played a gig without me. They said it sounded better without me, and informed me I was kicked. The most annoying part was that they are still playing bastardised versions of the songs I wrote tho
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
ive left
but maybe you just need a new band
or maybe you suck
or maybe they suck
idk
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
I have been kicked from quite a few bands:

First off, one of my friends wanted to start a metal band (not my style but whatever). He asked me to play bass for them. Well, we were searching for a drummer and when we finally found one, he had someone who he wanted to play bass, so I got kicked out.

Next, my other friend knew some people who were in a metal band who wanted a rhythm guitarist. So I went and talked to them. They said that they would let me know when practice was, or something like that. That was like 5 months ago, and still nothing.

Then, the friend from the first band realized that his band was fucked, so he tried to start another one. Again, I was on bass. I don't even know what the fuck happened to this one.

There have been lots of incidents with a band approaching me and then completely ignoring me. I don't recall all of them. It kinda sucks, though.
i have never got kicked out. once the singer of a band i was in (and the cliche control freak) said i had to go or he would. and the drummer and guitarist said he should go

feels good to be loved
Quote by bi-ah!
ive left
but maybe you just need a new band
or maybe you suck
or maybe they suck
idk

This.
Though they always looked quite happy with my playing. Never really complained about me or gave me bad looks. They actually quite encouraged me.
But well, we Argentinians are pro's when it comes to telling you that your shirt rocks, and then commenting about how ugly is your shirt just after you left.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

never been kicked, but i did quit my first band and the second one I left but came back. and the band im in now im just about ready to say goodbye to. Mainly cuz our drummer and lead singer bull**** and im tired of their ****. Our practices are basically 30 minutes long, then we either eat or go smoke pot. its rediculous. so yea..im ready to convice the lead guitarist to find new members or im out. So basically, im out, lol
Oh wait, I remember I left my first one. I have my GCSEs coming up and I couldn't handle the stress of exams AND trying to make a **** band sound good.

Then the "lead" guitarist told me to stop being an asshole and get back in the band. I told him where he could shove his guitar and we've barely spoke since.
I've tried forming bands but it kind of sucks when you live in a rural area where no one wants to do anything and there are no drummers.
Fear the Evil Chainsaw Wielding Penguin...
I got invited for a try-out .. they couldn't hear me because we were placed on 1 line in a small room. then they said they didn't wanted me

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Haven't really been in anything organized, so no.
Plus, people are under the impression I'm the best guitar player around... I'm not THAT great.
My band just found a drummer like 3-4 months ago and we have to split coz me and the other guitarist are leaving for unis. oh well at least we played one gig and had fun (save for the vocalist who can't be arsed to do any work) and even though we know we cant really do anything wih our band we're recording some songs over the holidays. so yea I'm leaving a band.
I can't remember why I was kicked out, but to be honest the band was kinda pathetic.
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
I left two bands.

The first was because I found the players to be doing the absolute opposite to what I advertised for.

The second, I left for a few reasons, songs are too short, it's not challenging nor stimulating, the front man was an arse and everything sounded the same.
Never been kicked out. I've been in one band in the past, they broke up. In a band right now, and I feel like kicking other people out, but I don't think they have the same feelings towards me, they're all good people, just some are terrible at playing with others. And I'm also trying to do a side project with like 1 or 2 other people, I'm basically running the scene with that one.
Yeah. I just grew apart with the members and started not speaking to them, so I never got the phonecall when "we" decided to practice.
I've only had one band, which I left because they sucked, and they didn't want to write songs or anything, just play annoying covers. Plus I only really got on with the bassist.
I've been kicked from one because I was really drunk at this party and I ended up banging the lead singers girlfriend.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I've been kicked from one because I was really drunk at this party and I ended up banging the lead singers girlfriend.

That's completely irrational!

EDIT: To kick you out for that, I mean.
i was kicked out and left a band all at the same time, I told them I was probably moving and we practiced once with me on bass (with the exception of our keyboardist) and we couldn't get it to work out so I said I was leaving and they said I was fired because they didn't like my style... I'm invited to join them again in a year...
I got kicked out of this.

http://www.myspace.com/embalmthedead

Needless to say, it was the best thing to ever happen to me.

btw, I had nothing to do with the production or creative (or lack thereof) process in this band. I got booted like 2 years ago, and it's just one very sad, mislead metalhead making all the music.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

At least it was worth it .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I left my previous band.
I was sorta the leader of it calling all the shots. But then i got too busy n couldn't commit to it anymore so i left it. The band dissolved.

Now i'm working on my solo project and have plans on starting a new band in september after my exams...
Quote by Nikita, Righ?

btw, I had nothing to do with the production or creative (or lack thereof) process in this band. I got booted like 2 years ago, and it's just one very sad, mislead metalhead making all the music.

That's some of the most homoerotic excuses of music I have ever heard.

I got kicked out of Arch Enemy for boning Angela every night, she got too tired of Mr. Big.
I left a band by mutual consent. I was too ill to practice or gig, and didn't know when I'd be well enough to start back.
Quote by Nikita, Righ?

yeah I'd be glad to be kicked out of that if I were you
I got kicked out because I was the guy that everyone else in this thread is complaining about.

The "dragging the band in a different direction, egotistical, arrogant, inconsiderate, condescending, excessively partying asshole" guy.

They should have kept up.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
my first band, the drummer left cause of his girlfriend. And that was the end of that band.

Second band, I moved away.

Third band, singer is now taking way too much LSD to sing.

Current band, can't see meself leaving/getting kicked out. Me and the drummer are in love.
Page 1 of 3