Poll: How many pedals are needed for a perfect setup?
Poll Options
View poll results: How many pedals are needed for a perfect setup?
0 0%
1-2
2 17%
1 8%
2 17%
2 17%
3 25%
1 8%
8+
1 8%
Voters: 12.
I'm currently making a Pedalboard for my A2 Product Design Course.

I'm on the Research section and need to get an idea for how large the board needs to be.

Cheers.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

pedals should only consist of things you use. This is more a matter of preference question then just a straight forward number.
Quote by Ghold125
pedals should only consist of things you use. This is more a matter of preference question then just a straight forward number.

Absolutely. I just need an idea of the spread of opinion.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

I'm making pedalBOARD that has the potential be manufactured commercially (although obviously it won't). I won't be making it with just my own needs in mind, hence the poll- I need to know how big to make it.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

flanger, delay, reverb, overdrive/distortion, wah wah, chorus, eq, fuzzface. lol not that u need all that but for a product desgn project do at least 5
I personally could use a pedalboard that holds about 6-7 standard Boss size pedals, not actually specifically boss pedals but that's the best frame of reference I can think of; pedals come in all kinds of shapes and sizes.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
well if someone is going to buy a pedalboard, then he may want atleast 3, but a 5 or 6 will be good for most people
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Boss pedals are pretty average sized, maybe a tad bit on the small side. I'd say build it for two rows of 6 or 7 Boss sized pedals.

EDIT: awww beaten to it.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

It is also a matter of how big a particular pedal is; for example, I have a Green Big Muff = Tank Sized and a DD-20 = a couple of regular pedals.

So my 2 pedal take up the space of like 4-5 Phase 90 regular sized pedals.

BTW...G/L with your project!