I didn't see any forums that suited this perfectly, so feel free to move it.

I am tired of my band and my bandmates. I wanna have fun with myself (lol) and create my own music, with bass/drums/guitar. I have proper equipment for guitar and bass, but I don't have drums or anything, so what should I do about that? I was thinking about finding loops online or using my girlfriends Garageband, but they're just loops - its the same thing over and over. What can UG suggest for drums?

Thanks so much! I'm so excited about this.
Jesse

PS: I'm talking about recording only.... no playing live ro anything for now
Last edited by Slash42x at Jul 1, 2008,
Quote by Broken_Drum
Make your own beats using software. FL Studio/ Renoise/ Ableton Live/ Sony Acid etc.

I'll look into those. Can I do this with very little drum knowledge? Can I figure it out or just find guides online do you think?
Quote by Slash42x
I'll look into those. Can I do this with very little drum knowledge? Can I figure it out or just find guides online do you think?

You can find a lot of tutorial videos etc. online and you can have relatively little knowledge of percussion. I'd recommend starting with FL Studio as it's probably the easiest to start with though.
most obvious answer in the world...drum machine?
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
Quote by kwidjibo1

where do u find it dumb ass
Quote by kwidjibo1

Thats what he's asking for twat.

I find Beatcraft is really good. Its free and sounds pretty realistic. If you like electronic music or drum sounds try out fruity loops.
You can program beats into most multi track recorders now I think. Which your gonna need for recording anyway so you might as well get one and see..............
A neat program called Drumsite. It lets you use your keyboard as a drumset.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Quote by Slash42x
I was thinking about finding loops online or using my girlfriend

Wat
Quote by filthandfury
Wat

LOL I meant. Using my girlfriends mac to use garageband =P
Quote by JOE_DESTROYER
where do u find it dumb ass

anyone with a brain could find one on the internet more or less anywhere!! any music shop or even ebay.

talking of dumbass's who couldnt find a drum machine??
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
I should have stated I'd like to do all of this on my computer, not getting a drum machine - unless thats most practical.
Quote by kwidjibo1
anyone with a brain could find one on the internet more or less anywhere!! any music shop or even ebay.

talking of dumbass's who couldnt find a drum machine??

Lol troll much?

Drum machine wise, I only have experience with garageband, but most of my friends use fruityloops, which is generally accepted as the superior program by anyone I've ever talked to.
Quote by Copius
Lol troll much?

Drum machine wise, I only have experience with garageband, but most of my friends use fruityloops, which is generally accepted as the superior program by anyone I've ever talked to.

Sounds good. I'm trying out Beatcraft now, seems cool, but I'm still overwhelmed. I'll just have to practice it and learn it. I'll go get fruity loops now.
use ezdrummer its great download from isotorrent you can get great realistic beats and fills