Are the chords of a key the same as the chords of the key's relative minor? For example, are the chords in the key of C major the same chords that are in the key of A minor?

I know how to figure out what chords are in what key based on the major scale, but when you're in a minor key, is it based on minor scales? Help please!
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
They are technically the same. However, if you are just going to play them in order beginning on the 5th, they are going to have a tendency to want to resolve to the relative major.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Yes, the diatonic chords will be the same but minor keys make more use of out of key chords. The harmonic minor V7 and vii°7 are often used to make resolution stronger.
Quote by Eirien
Yes, the diatonic chords will be the same but minor keys make more use of out of key chords. The harmonic minor V7 and vii°7 are often used to make resolution stronger
philipp122, I'll expand on what Eirien said.

The chords in C major are C Dm Em F G Am Bdim
The chords in A minor are Am Bdim C Dm Em F G
Same chords

However, for greater resolution to Am (i), E or E7 (V or V7) is often used instead of Em (v), and G#dim7 (viidim7) is often used as well.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Thanks so much guys! You have no idea how much you just helped me out. I really needed this info lol.

I messed around with Ænimus Prime's and Eirien's advice and I really see where you're coming from. Thanks a TON for the help.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401