****ing hate this chord and want it to burn in hell although I need to practice this thing so I can finally get it right

People that IS an F chord. The one were you barre your the first two strings
Last edited by lokolacka at Jul 1, 2008,
Freaking awesome is what it is!
Why can’t a heterosexual guy tell a heterosexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly?

Quote by Curious Jeff
These posts are too long. Just do some drugs
if you don't like that you're going to despise playing an F barre chord.......
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Quote by lokolacka

****ing hate this chord and want it to burn in hell although I need to practice this thing so I can finally get it right

it shouldnt take 7 hours to get it though lol..just keep practicing and focus everytime you do it..soon getting this chord will come about w.o you thinking
that don't look like the conventional F shaped chord to me... someone correct me if im wrong but that looks like a C
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
Hmm... That's a C chord.

The F chord is where you bar the first fret and put your ring finger on the G string second fret and your middle and index finger on the third frets of the A and D string.
Signature
you could just play it like a bar chord and not play the low strings for the same sound XD
Member of 7-string Legion
Wields S7320

. .___.
. (O,o)
. /)__)
. ^ ^

. O rly?
I've never seen that F before... only the barre chord. sorry all, it does almost look like an almost C
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
Difference between the F and the C is that you place your finger on the e-string as well.
Why can’t a heterosexual guy tell a heterosexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly?

Quote by Curious Jeff
These posts are too long. Just do some drugs
that not a C chord, he's barring the B and E strings with his first finger
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Quote by Aeroblast
Hmm... That's a C chord.

The F chord is where you bar the first fret and put your ring finger on the G string second fret and your middle and index finger on the third frets of the A and D string.

That's not a C, that is indeed a F chord, it's just one of the fingerings for it - Some call it the "easy" method I guess, because it's not the full barre version. This is the chord that picture is showing:

Last edited by SnoDog at Jul 1, 2008,
Quote by Aeroblast
Hmm... That's a C chord.

since when was C on the third fret of the D string

it's an F
Quote by SnoDog
That's not a C, that is indeed a F chord, it's just one of the fingerings for it - Some call it the "easy" method I guess, because it's not the full barre version. This is the chord that picture is showing:

Yeah, what were you guys thinking?

Anyways, you'll probably get it down in less than an hour if you try hard enough. Try playing Paradise City by Guns N' Roses.

It has a fairly steady opening rhythm, and includes an F.
Looks like an 'F' to me. Almost too good. If that's you, why are you having so much trouble. LOL. I have to admit to you, I've always hated that chord. It was hard for me when I started and I never forgave it. Just learn the barre chord. It's the hardest barre chord, too, but you'll probably use it more.
Jam On!
Quote by pinksalmon
that don't look like the conventional F shaped chord to me... someone correct me if im wrong but that looks like a C

its an fm7 or something like that..dun remember
I can't believe that many people said "wat da hell thats a C kord!!"

I thought people on message boards were smart.......oh wait.....other way around.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
That chord is in fact a Fmaj7 with a different fingering. It is used in Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin.
THAT'S A F*CKING F CHORD. Jesus... there's more than one way to play an F you know. If it contains the right notes then it's an F. Fmaj7 would have an E in there, which it doesn't.

e|-1-1-x
B|-1-1-1
G|-2-2-2
D|-3-3-3
A|-x-3-x
E|-x-1-x

Those are all F chords in the first position.
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat
Washburn HB35
PRS Santana SE
Yamaha Pacifica 112MX
Vox AD30VT
Fender Champion 600
Dunlop wah
Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Anyways, you'll probably get it down in less than an hour if you try hard enough. Try playing Paradise City by Guns N' Roses.

O_o ...there's an F in the opening? News to me.
lol. im good at barres. arent i a rare luck person. but barring is a **** of a lot easier if u practice on an electric
xx3211, the chord pictured, is F major. The notes are xxFACF.
Fmaj7 would be xx3210, or xxFACE.

This is simply a version of F that only requires four strings. Barred F is 133211, and is not the variation of F I would teach to a beginner because it's substantially more difficult to play, particularly on acoustics and 12-strings. That F is rather versatile and is the easier F to play for a long time; the F barre chord is conveniently the most difficult as it's the closest one to the nut. All barre chords on the guitar have four-string variations, except for chords that require more than four notes. 133211 becomes xx3211, 355333 (G minor) becomes xx5333, etc.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
That looks like the dude from Justin Guitar, he likes to mute the above string, and yes that IS an F chord.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
lawlz. This thread is funny. I've learn that F also in my beginner material also... And I also Hate it. I have a lot of trouble with the index finger barring the first two strings.

But I learned that you should practice barring the first THREE strings, that way you can lift up the middle finger and play the F-Minor.

Cheers Mate, please update us after your 7 hour F Session

_________

_________

Patrick
4jacks
email
Seven hours to practice the F chord? It's almost a C chord. How many hours did that take? Heheh