ok so i got a cheap Digitech RP80 just to mess around with, it's not that great. but i know it can detune your guitar, but how? i looked at the manuel and it told me how to get to it. it has 9 options d1-d9. and i went through them all and it doesn't detune my guitar it just sounds like a faint chorus effect. does anybody know how to use this properly? i know it can drop up to a fourth... i want to get to F on my seven to play some Meshuggah.

Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
bumppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
i want to knowwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
the detune on the digitechs only ads another signal that sounds detune. i dont think it makes the whole thing sound detuned. its almost like a doubler type of thing. i have the rp100. it has the same thing.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
Quote by NSHSpolevault
the detune on the digitechs only ads another signal that sounds detune. i dont think it makes the whole thing sound detuned. its almost like a doubler type of thing. i have the rp100. it has the same thing.

well **** me in the ass.
Achokarlos can do it and he as a rp300 which is in the same line of products as ours...
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
I dunno about the RPs but the detune feature on my whammy is like the faint chorus effect you're describing. The actual detuning of your guitar is called drop tune.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
hmm. i sent a message to Achokarlos, lol. hoping he reads it and messages me back.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Detuning is basically just a chorus effect, except the chorus is slightly out of tune. It's supposed to sound like somebody next to you playing the same stuff with the same guitar and amp, just their guitar is slightly out of tune in comparison to yours. It doesn't have a huge effect on the tone unless you move the detuning slider quite a bit, in which case it will just sound bad. All detuning effect does is thicken the sound a little bit.

As far as an actual alternate tuning, I don't see how any effect could do that. They aren't "aware" of different strings ... just an overall signal, and I don't see how an effect could drop tune a single string in your output.