Argh! It's killing me! I'm wanting so much stuff lately! After seeing that RG770DX thread and some killer deals on the 'bay and the Gears Ad section (that Jazz Bass is looking might good); I feel I MUST buy something!

This isn't good when I clearly need a new amp.

How do you guys deal with GAS?!
Convert to Buddhism. You'll be plucking out Stairway on grass leaves in no time.
You dont deal with GAS. It controls you. Just look at some awesome amps for a while and listen to clips. Then you'll probably end up getting GAS for an amp you like... (AAS?)
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
i dont handle it very well either, as i'm waiting for my C-1 classic to come in, the blackheart LG shipped today, and im planning on getting p ups for the hot rod strat im building in another month or two!!! Rock on Bitches, even if you cant afford it
Im getting extra hours and possibly another job to get a Fender Telecaster of some sort, most likely a Baja Classic player
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Quote by .arkness:.
You dont deal with GAS. It controls you.

so true, if I had room, I'd sig that.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
It's not quite so hard for me to control it. There's a million things that I'd like to have, but since I'm an absolutely terrible player, it's not hard to convince myself that buying more crap is useless until my skills improve. It also doesn't hurt that the only guitar shop within a 1 1/2 hour drive has very little that appeals to me, but I still seem to be constantly buying guitar picks to at least feed my gas a little bit.
You dont deal with GAS. It controls you. Just look at some awesome amps for a while and listen to clips. Then you'll probably end up getting GAS for an amp you like... (AAS?)

Ugh... I get AAS way more often than GAS. Right now it's this 72 Bassman halfstack that's in this local shop... and I hardly ever play clean or with a light OD.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Ugh... I get AAS way more often than GAS. Right now it's this 72 Bassman halfstack that's in this local shop... and I hardly ever play clean or with a light OD.

they sound sweet when heavily overdriven too, you know.

I don't handle it! But (luckily) I have no money, so I can only GAS. If I had money, I'd spend it all! My birthday is coming up, so I can get some suff then. i.e a new amp and a set of tonerider vintage pups for my squier.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
To deal with GAS you must look at different guitars and get different GAS that's what i do.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

I know I get some pretty bad cases of this as well.

When my Rp Multi Effects was being shipped I was literally pacing the floor every day waiting for it.

So I eventually just tried to find something other to do.
Thank god my cousin had thrown a party I woulda lost my mind waiting for the damned thing to come in.

So True... In my sig
Quote by CrackerJack465
Amps dont matter.
NeWb!
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Sigged...
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here

This is so frigging sigged!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Um....As a n00b, I'd like to ask, not intending to offend anybody, but:

Is it really that difficult to, like, resist buying guitars?

You have an RG550, anyway. Is the 770 that different?
Quote by sashki

not really.

but it's just that feeling you get when you see a reaaaaaaally nice guitar you could use aswell, you know
Quote by The red Strat.
not really.

but it's just that feeling you get when you see a reaaaaaaally nice guitar you could use aswell, you know

Maybe it's just me, cos I'm dumb as ****, but what's wrong with having one guitar that does it all, rather than buying a new one every now and again?

Ok, maybe not ONE guitar, but if you have a couple that are very different, say, a jackson and an epiphone sheraton, then you're pretty much suited for most musical directions.

BTW, Mwoit, have you considered a new amp? Not that there's anything wrong with the Cube 30, but with the cash you've spent on all these guitars, I'm surprised you haven't upgraded your amp yet.
Quote by sashki

that's the point, he has no use for an RG770 but he wants it anyways. thats what GAS is. he just really likes guitars.

right now theres a whole bunch of random stuff i want...
-ibanez atk300 bass i found in a pawn shop
-fender studio bass amp from like the 70s i found at my church
-rmc picture wah
-isp noise decimator
-floor tuner
-russian big muff
-ehx small clone or clone theory
-carvin mts 3212 i found at the same pawn shop as the bass

i get GAS for rig stuff more than guitars but i wouldnt mind an american strat someday
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by sashki

I find it hard since I go to some shops in town, try out some good gear and think, damn.... I want one of those!

Regarding the RG550, I have the EX version which has a rosewood fretboard as opposed to the maple fretboards most 550's have. As for my guitar collection, I'm quite surprised how much it grew and all, seeing as I got the Jackson for free! :

Amp wise, I'm looking at an ENGL Screamer and a Laney VC50.... tolling up some money over summer to get one anyway. It sucks waiting.
Quote by Mwoit
I find it hard since I go to some shops in town, try out some good gear and think, damn.... I want one of those!

Regarding the RG550, I have the EX version which has a rosewood fretboard as opposed to the maple fretboards most 550's have. As for my guitar collection, I'm quite surprised how much it grew and all, seeing as I got the Jackson for free! :

Amp wise, I'm looking at an ENGL Screamer and a Laney VC50.... tolling up some money over summer to get one anyway. It sucks waiting.

I go to shops pretty often, too. I'm actually in search of gear, myself. But whenever I try stuff, I'm often dissappointed. Finding "the right tone" is hard, but it'll all be worth it in the end.

I've always been a one-guitar-guy. If I had several guitars, the agony of choice would kill me.

I bought a Schecter C-1 Classic once, thinking I wouldn't find anything better anyway, and I sold it as soon as I could (which was 3 days later).

Tip: think before you buy. Ask yourself: do I REALLY need this? Consider it for some time before parting with your hard-earned cash. And consider all alternatives, too.
Quote by sashki
Maybe it's just me, cos I'm dumb as ****, but what's wrong with having one guitar that does it all, rather than buying a new one every now and again?

Ok, maybe not ONE guitar, but if you have a couple that are very different, say, a jackson and an epiphone sheraton, then you're pretty much suited for most musical directions.

BTW, Mwoit, have you considered a new amp? Not that there's anything wrong with the Cube 30, but with the cash you've spent on all these guitars, I'm surprised you haven't upgraded your amp yet.

there isn't one guitar that does it all, that's why.
The only way to deal with GAS is moving from one guitar to another - Don't keep your focus too long on one piece of gear or you'll buy it in the end. Having that said, I sooooo want one of these two (or a Telecaster...or maybe an LP? Curses!):

Shame I don't have 4500€ floating around so I can buy both.