is there anything hard about playing the bass if there is, can u please list them?

cause i wanna learn bass and play in a metal band
i found it very easy to get used too. if you're like me, then your arms will get worn out more.
Depends what your going to play.
and if your using a pick or not.

But if you wanna do simple bass than its easy, most bands have crappy bassists.
Its hard to part with almost £15 just for strings : /
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Is there anything hard about playing any instrument?

Listen to Cliff Burton or Les Claypool and think about that question.

-Edit- Or Jaco Pastorious

If you want to be mediocre then no, any stringed instrument is easy. If you want to excell, it's no different then learning anything else. You get out of it exactly what you put in.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
theres hard things about everything and if everything is either then your not challenging yourself

dont play with a pick cause then you'll be disowned by most bassists. because of this fact, playing with speed may not be the easiest thing. and playing riffs may be harder in some cases too. just practice.

EDIT: isnt this in the wrong forum?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Last edited by burgurhead1812 at Jul 1, 2008,
Quote by loubot123

yeah. 2 of mine wouldn't go on. sod buying more.
Well, from what I've heard, it hurts your fingers a lot o_o.

If you don't use a pick that is. 3 buddies of mine are bassists, and one of 'em uses a pick.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
If you have as much trouble with playing an instrument as you have with grammar, I think you'll have a hard time learning to play bass.
Its kinda rough on your hands/fingers
especially when your slapping but you just get used to it so keep at it
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

yes, in fact, it is harder to be skilled on a bass than it is to be skilled on a guitar. this is coming from a guitarist/bassist who knows. people say that bass is easier, but it's not. neck awareness is harder because it's so long, and playing in a decent-looking position is almost impossible while playing well. unless using a pick, of course, but then u suck if you use a pick. in short: flea is more skilled than frusciante.
yes it can be hard if you want to get good at it
not hard if your in one of those metal bands that just have the bass follow the guitar all the time
and about the pick thing only bassist ive seen kick major ass using a pick would have to be Matt Freeman check out the bass solo in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjMi0R1ogi8
personally i use my fingers you can get that fast using fingers or pick it just boils down to preference
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by loubot123

I've payed £20 for some top quality ones before

And bass is only as easy as what you're playing on it.
Last edited by filthandfury at Jul 1, 2008,
to corrie: I use a pick and play finger style. its better to be skilled at both instead of being close minded to a technique. and also flea is not more talented than frusciante. flea is more technically skilled and john is insanely creative and is a great song writer.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by filthandfury
I've payed £20 for some top quality ones before

And bass is only as easy as what you're play on it.

Damn !
I know bassists dont have to change strings as often as guitarist (depends if you brake a string)
It just sucks handing over that much money when you really think about what your getting

Quote by corrie_911
yes, in fact, it is harder to be skilled on a bass than it is to be skilled on a guitar. this is coming from a guitarist/bassist who knows. people say that bass is easier, but it's not. neck awareness is harder because it's so long, and playing in a decent-looking position is almost impossible while playing well. unless using a pick, of course, but then u suck if you use a pick. in short: flea is more skilled than frusciante.

So much bullcrap in your post.

Playing with your fingers does not make you a better bassist, understand this. And Flea is more skilled than Frusciante, yes, when it comes to playing bass, because Frusciante is more skilled than Flea when it comes to playing guitar.