I keep coming to this forum asking for a list or a URL of a website that list most or all arpeggios!!!!! plz!!!! everyone keeps saying google it and i do but i can't find them so plz help!!!!
It would be far more beneficial for your playing if you endeavoured to find arpeggios on your guitar by yourself.

All you need to do is learn the notes on the guitar and the basics of chord construction (both of which you can do in the lessons sections on this site, or making a thread in Musicians Talk), then you can find your own arpeggios and make your own patterns to suit you - this little bit of effort on your part will teach you basic music theory and give you the material you want, and maybe encourage you to learn in the same way in the future.
Then you, my friend, don't have enough dedication to become a great musician.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Like i don't get how u can make arpeggios with chords and stuff.... can someone tell me?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arpeggio

It doesn't get any easier.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
Ibanez JS1000
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
I'll put it simply. It is each note of a chord played separately. If you learn your theory and know how a chord is constructed, then you will have no problem playing arpeggios. If you heard the term when someone is refering to sweep picking, they are talking about playing one note of a (usually triad) chord per string. However, this does not mean every arpeggio has a single note per string.

For instance, if I wanted to play a single octave Cmaj7, first I would identify the notes. They are C E B and G. Starting on the A string, I would play it as such.

E-------------
B-------------
G---------4--
D----2-5----
A--3---------
E-------------

Hope this helps!

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
Ibanez JS1000
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
all-guitar-chords.com
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
do a chord for example a minor
E--12-----------
B--13-----------
G--14--------
D--14-------
A--12---------
E-------------

ad a hammer on in the beginning and hammer on pull of at the end basically

E------------------------12h17p12
B--------------------13-------------
G---------------14------------------
D-----------14----------------------
A--12h15--------------------------
E------------------------------------
Basically what John and Iron Dude have said. Learn some basic music theory including chord construction. Once you understand the steps involved in constructing chords, then you can go about creating sweep-picked arpeggios. Simply pick a chord, then find the notes on the neck, and create an arpeggio shape.
sig goes here
I really find the whole arpeggio sweeping thing to be a little stale. Arpeggios don't necessarily need to be played in a linear way to sound good. Listen to the intro of Call of Ktulu by Metallica, and you'll hear Kirk arpeggiating Dm Bb and C, but not in the conventional sense of the word.

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
Ibanez JS1000
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Last edited by Iron_Dude at Jul 2, 2008,
Quote by djmcsheehy
I don't think i'm good enough to do/figure out that....

If you can't form arpeggios, then why play them at lightspeed?

Can you imagine someone asking Alexi or Yngwie how he plays arpeggios and him going "Well, for every album i just kinda go to UG and ask better musicians for help. ". You see? Besides, theory>sweeping.