I'm saving up for a new amp and i was looking at Fender SuperChamp XD and Marshall MG100DFX i dont know which was is better because when i went to my local shop they didnt have the Marshall in stock and said they usually dont carry that exact product. So i was wondering from any personal experiences or what not which one was better. Thanks
Please, for the love of god DO NOT get the Marshall.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
superchamp. my old mg15dfx (which is basically the smaller version) did not have great distortion, but i went by with a distortion pedal. but if you get the fender (which has great cleans) and use an OD pedal to get boosted gain, it'll sound a lot better
Both are very diiferent from each other, and both are low quality. So, here we go again.

1. Playing style?
2. budget?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
i would go with the fender.
what type of tone are you after?
there may be something better out there for you.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by Courtz_
I'm saving up for a new amp and i was looking at Fender SuperChamp XD and Marshall MG100DFX i dont know which was is better because when i went to my local shop they didnt have the Marshall in stock and said they usually dont carry that exact product. So i was wondering from any personal experiences or what not which one was better. Thanks

I like this shop, it looks like they care about tone
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
^lmao aint that the truth.

fender super champ is the better of the two. but what is your budget and main style? like stated, we might be able to find something better for you
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
I say since you said a mg100 it looks like 450ish is you budget new im guessing, get a used FENDER HOT ROD DELUXE or blues junior or for high gain stuff like bodom,maybe a solid state randall or for vai,satch stuff save up an extra 400 and get steve vai's carvin legacy 2x12 used from GC or 700 dollars used carvin V3 at GC then save up for a cab
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12

ERG Custom Guitar
Fender
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

^^Did you just suggest a blues jr. or hot rod for high gain.

We'll certainly need your budget, styles, and location if you want suggestions. But of those two, the Fender is the best choice.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
+1 to the fender hot rod deluxe i just got mine and i love it. the cleans are awesome and if you get a nice OD pedal it could do heavier stuff too
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Super Champs are actually really nice practice amps. Better than any Vox, Marshall, Line 6 or Roland I have played under $500. Versatile and the cleans are very nice. Distortion is good but could be better, but for the money they are great amps.
Here we go again.....

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

Quote by Courtz_

TS and tenaciousjp, if you don't mind i'm going to sig that
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by TNfootballfan62
^^Did you just suggest a blues jr. or hot rod for high gain.

We'll certainly need your budget, styles, and location if you want suggestions. But of those two, the Fender is the best choice.

hahaha no no no i said "OR for high gain stuff like bordom get a soild state randall"
honestly you think i would rekon those amps for high gain? well maybe with some od's and distortions then sure.
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12

ERG Custom Guitar
Quote by SomebodySomeone
TS and tenaciousjp, if you don't mind i'm going to sig that

nah go ahead man it'll be my first one!
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12

ERG Custom Guitar
The tone I'm after goes from any thing to blues, hard rock, metal, classic rock and punk so it needs to be quite versitile lol and as for budget it'd be best if it were 700 or under it could be more it would just take me longer to come up with the money. I'm up for all other suggestions.
just click on the link in my sig tenaciousjp, you never know. Read the whole thing

To TS, check out a Classic 30 and OD pedal.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by Courtz_
The tone I'm after goes from any thing to blues, hard rock, metal, classic rock and punk so it needs to be quite versitile lol and as for budget it'd be best if it were 700 or under it could be more it would just take me longer to come up with the money. I'm up for all other suggestions.

fender hot rod deluxe with a distortion of your choice (maybe a boss ds-1 for hard rock,punk and metal) then the cleans on the amp blues it'll prob come to a bit more then 700 but you can haggle
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12

ERG Custom Guitar
^But I think the C-30 will better for Hard rock and metal
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by classicrocker01
^But I think the C-30 will better for Hard rock and metal

well i guess both are pretty much in the same lane eh? you could go with the classic 30 with a ds-1 on the over drive channel if you wanted or you could get the deluxe and do the same thing...test both out see which one you like!

psst, classicrocker01....we both win
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12

ERG Custom Guitar
no hommo by the way....
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12

ERG Custom Guitar
Quote by tenaciousjp
hahaha no no no i said "OR for high gain stuff like bordom get a soild state randall"
honestly you think i would rekon those amps for high gain? well maybe with some od's and distortions then sure.

Those mixups happen when you post an entire paragraph, and the only punctuation to be found is a single comma.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Those mixups happen when you post an entire paragraph, and the only punctuation to be found is a single comma.

hahaha true
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12

ERG Custom Guitar
Okay so I've taken a look at some of the amps suggested and the Fender hot rod deluxe looks alright and in my price range I'm gonna try it out once i go to my local shop but when your there you dont always get to try out every tone so does it have good quality? ( Last question I promise lol )
poor guy is probably feeling the wrath of GG&A by now. My suggestion is that we settle down and try to help this guy out.

Threadstarter - do you plan on playing in a band at all or is this for personal home use?

Some good amps have been recommended like the Peavey Classic 30 and others. Can you give us a sense of what you play the most and how do you define 'metal'. Give us the extremes on both spectrums from Blues to Metal please.
I'm only 14 which is why im trying to aim a little lower on the price scale since i only pull in around 50-60 USD a month. I do plan on playing in a band eventually (once i find some people in my area interested in the same music) but for right now its just for home use until then. Well i like sorta like old metal ( dno if zeppelin is metal but thats sorta what i was aiming at) and blues it might sound kinda stupid but i dont actually listen to blues really i just really like playing blues riffs and scales. And Thanks for all the suggestions and help so far through this little journey lol.
I'd suggest a used Peavey Classic or Traynor YCV40 or 50 with an OD pedal.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
With all the help and suggestions i think i got my eye on something but i always like to try it out first before making my decision Thanks everyone who helped out it DEFINTELY made a difference.
^ What is it you have your eye on?

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
^If metal or higher gain stuff is a nice percent of your playing, i'd stay away from the Fender. and give a serious look to a used Traynor.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Yeah actually its about a good 70% of what i play and i took a peek at the traynor wasn't to expensive used either think i saw one for a good 500 which i actually was expecting to pay a bit more when i started looking for a new amp.
Looked at the Mesa it does look pretty nice and I've only ever heard good about Mesa amps a little pricey but buying it used might cut that down a bit defintely looks worth the try tomorrow
i tend to buy from people that have atleast 200 sells and with atleast 99.9% just to be safe dont wanna get scammed lol