Well yesterday I got the news that I'm going to Los Angeles to visit my cousin who works for the plane company Boeing, and I'm naturally quite excited as I've never even been close to L.A.

So I thought I'd ask the pit who know the area if they can give me any advice for how I should spend it. I'm thinking stuff like famous places, popular restaurants, things exclusive to the area, touristy stuff etc.

I'm going by myself so I'm sure I'll have a lot of time to wander and not be held back by anyone so I can handle a full schedule. Any help is appreciated.
haha weird im going to Los Angeles next week !
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Go over to the east side and wear lots of red. (<-- that's a lie you probably wouldn't want to do that).

Check out Sunset Blvd, and all its glory it has to offer. OH and be prepared to see the most superficial place in America!!!!!!
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by loubot123
haha weird im going to Los Angeles next week !

Holy crap that's crazy! I'm going on the 10th.

Also I don't really feel like trying to become a part of the bloods, I look better in the crips' blue anyways.

Yeah I expect it to be superficial and get told stuff but anyone who tells me something can kiss my ass. Chicago makes REAL men.

Anyways the sunset Blvd idea sounds like a start.
check out the ****ing musicians fiesta right by Hollywood Guitar Center. theres a Mesa Shop, Sam Goody, a Carvin shop and about 2 or 3 really good pawnshops right there. Plus theres the Rock Walk in front of Guitar Center. its actually really cool.

Check out Ribs USA in Hollywood also. Excellent steaks and ribs.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Do not go to the beach!

If you're gonna buy something from the street, never accept the first offer.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Have fun with the earthquakes and homos

Seriously though, I hope you enjoy your time. I've heard bad and good things about it.

Good: Awesome weather and scenery
Bad: People are dicks
Quote by RocknRollRay
Do not go to the beach!

If you're gonna buy something from the street, never accept the first offer.

Why wouldn't you go to the beach?

Anyways, I live about an hour from LA.

Check out Citywalk if you can, it's pretty interesting.

The people do kinda suck, so it's best if you don't interact with a whole lot of locals.
Out of those I think I'm gonna go for the guitar center (but only if I have time) and probably the beach yes. My cousin lives by the beach so I probably will end up going. Why wouldn't I want to though? Sharks or something?

As for the people, I too doubt I'll find much good personality but I'll try anyways. What's the citywalk by the way?

I'm not really concerned about street vendors, I've dealt with plenty in Chicago and some in NYC.
Quote by musiclover2399
Out of those I think I'm gonna go for the guitar center (but only if I have time) and probably the beach yes. My cousin lives by the beach so I probably will end up going. Why wouldn't I want to though? Sharks or something?

As for the people, I too doubt I'll find much good personality but I'll try anyways. What's the citywalk by the way?

I'm not really concerned about street vendors, I've dealt with plenty in Chicago and some in NYC.

Naw, no sharks or anything, as long as you don't go too far out I suppose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_CityWalk

It's like a big entertainment/shopping/dining plaza type thing.
Quote by Alexishxc1337
Naw, no sharks or anything, as long as you don't go too far out I suppose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_CityWalk

It's like a big entertainment/shopping/dining plaza type thing.

Huh, so it's kind of like a strip of stores and entertainment? It says it's connected to a theme park though.
Oh dang. I live about, 30 minutes from LA, although I don't really know that area too well.

Theres this place with a heavy mexican feel to it. They have some amazing tacos and authentic mexican candy. I'll ask my girlfriend about it and Ill update on it.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Quote by musiclover2399
Huh, so it's kind of like a strip of stores and entertainment? It says it's connected to a theme park though.

Basically.

Yeah, it's right next to Universal Studios, but it's not really a part of it.
Quote by SathiaSun
Oh dang. I live about, 30 minutes from LA, although I don't really know that area too well.

Theres this place with a heavy mexican feel to it. They have some amazing tacos and authentic mexican candy. I'll ask my girlfriend about it and Ill update on it.

Heavy mexican feel? That sounds funny considering I am mexican.

I probably will go to that citywalk thing.
Quote by Alexishxc1337
Basically.

Yeah, it's right next to Universal Studios, but it's not really a part of it.

yeah, that's a cool place. also right next to it is a kickass venue where i saw velvet revolver and alice in chains woot.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Is there a bob marley restaurant at the citywalk in California? Theres one in florida. I've missed out a couple of times on the chance to eat there.
hang out under bridges and shake all the heroin dealer's hands. you may just get a red hot chili pepper molecule on you.
If you like music (duh.) visit Amoeba Music on Sunset Blvd

If you're into shopping check out Melrose. They have cool vintage clothing stores like Wasteland.

See a concert at The Troubadour.

Eat at the Farmer's Market in Fairfax.

Beach.
+1 to Amoeba. Check out the GC in Hollywood. Venice beach is a must, come to Inglewood to say hi (actually not a good idea unless you want to get shot down to death), and find a great pot dealer.
I live in Whittier, about half an hour from Hollywood. The music scene is great, lots of great shows, bars and clubs. But the air is awful, and the traffic is absolute murder, and the weather has been unbearably hot lately. The beaches are beyond packed everyday, and it's really dirty.

Other than that it's alright.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I live in The OC, which is right next to LA.

LA's a fun place, you just gotta watch where you go. There are REALLY nice places in LA, and there are also extremely ghetto, dangerous places you would NOT want to be at night. I'd suggest going to a Dodger's Game (the fans are crazy), going to see some local bands, and eating at many of the good restaurants.