I play a jackson DK2M Dinky through some $400 crate solid state halfstack. And once you get enough volume with enough distortion going, the amp gets a high pitched squeal coming out of it, but only when the guitar isnt making noise some other way, like playing or even ringing open or like sliding your fingers across the fretboard. The noise isnt feedback cuz it has nothing to do with the room your in or the relationship between the guitar and amp, how close or if its facing it or anything. The only factors tha effect it are volume, distortion, and if my tone knob on the guitar is turned up enough, but i need all 3! The amp and guitar are both fairly brand new and in perfect condition, the only thing i can think of is maybe the pickups because the guitar seems to have this problem with other amps but the amp doesnt seem to have this problem with other guitars, regardless of what it is i've got $300 to fix it, pickups, amp head, cab whatever, any suggestions? thanks in advance
ya its feedback
GEAR
Jackson JS30WR with EMG 81/85
Dean Vendetta
Peavey Valveking 212 (tung sol 12ax7 - JJ6l6gc)
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote by alexyeung
try anything form avenged sevenfold

wtf?
You've got a Crate SS half stack, nuff said. My old mg did the same thing when really loud.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Feedback, same thing for my amp. Noisegate would help.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Before I knew anything about music, guitars, amps, whatever, I always loved the sound of feedback just before the guitar kicks in.

I have no info on how to cover it up, but try to use it to your advantage if that's your style.
its that the pickups are microphonic and its making feedback. My Epi Explorer does that with my Line 6, but it doesnt with my Schecter.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
i mean i've got a les paul that will feedback if you get some volume and distortion and face the amp, but like you can move the guitar around and change the sound or if you move/and or turn away to stop it if you want, this is one constant sound, a single pitch that gets higher with more volume/tone/distortion. the pitch literally gets higher cuz you actually hear a jack white-esque pitch bend when you roll the volume up, not to doubt anybody but this doesnt sound like any feedback i've ever gotten, it shouldn't be so constant and unchangeable, or at least imho i dont think.
Quote by GoDrex
a Jackson DK2M Dinky has Duncan's in it so it leads me to think that you've just got way too much distortion going on... back off the gain a bit

are they Duncan Designed? or Seymour Duncan? because DD's could still be microphonic
Ibanez AEL 12-string

ya like the guy said above, get a noisegate and you're good. I think the ISP Decimator is what people on here recommend?
Ill look into the noisegate, seems like a good idea. the pickups say seymour duncan, but musiciansfriend wont give me a name of the pickup, just "dual seymour duncan pickups"
ah, well in that case go with the noise gate
Ibanez AEL 12-string

yea the ISP decimator seems to be the pedal for the job, anybody know if it sucks any tone out of your sound?
Quote by meganh37
Feedback and you shouldn't be so close to the amp if you are already...

if your just here for saying **** get the **** off.

Feedback EVERY amp do that.

Buy a noise gates
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK