Are these pickups louder than eachother.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Or are humbuckers and single coils the same volume?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Is it noticeable? Would a person with a humbucker drown me out if I was using a single coil?
Quote by chip46
Cool, I was afraid if I bought a Strat, that some guy with an SG would drown me out at a gig or something.
Quote by chip46
If the other guitar is drowning you out, why not just turn the volume switch up the fraction of an inch required to level it out?
Ain't nothin wrong, ain't nothin right, and still I sit and lie awake all night...
Quote by Sublime Stylee
If the other guitar is drowning you out, why not just turn the volume switch up the fraction of an inch required to level it out?

This.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by Sublime Stylee

That's exactly what I was thinking.
I meant if they had a louder amp.
Quote by chip46
No pickup is louder than the other. It all comes down to how much you turn up the volume on the amp. I thought it was obvious.
It's a bit hard to describe but listen to a Gibson Les Paul and then a Strat. Your ears will tell you the difference. As far as volume, that shouldn't matter very much, if at all. Just make sure you're both using comparable wattage amps.
Humbuckers do generally have beefier tone, making them appear to sound louder, but single coils are able to cut through the mix more easily because of their trebly, twangy sound. All in all though neither is louder than the other, it all depends on who's amp is louder, or turned up more.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Humbuckers have more output, not necessarily meaning they are louder. If the amps are both set so they dont drown eachother out, you should be fine.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by aznmetalhead93
No pickup is louder than the other. It all comes down to how much you turn up the volume on the amp. I thought it was obvious.

Not true. If you have a strat and a les paul both set to ten volume, played though the same amp with the same settings, the les paul will be louder.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
I see, thanks.
Quote by chip46
right-clarification from a noob here- the humbucker has two rows and the single coil has one right? like the fender guitars have single coils? i think so, but i've played a guitar for about as long as from here to your mouth.
You're right though Sean.
Quote by chip46
sweet! i know something about guitars! hi-5!
but i gotta say, regardless of the things i prolly don't know about Pups, humbuckers look a lot cooler from where i'm standing. and the name is a lot cooler.
humbucker. nice!