I just turned on my amp to play and realised that no sound was coming out. I checked everything and volume was up and everything. I un plugged it and plugged it back in and still nothing. I shook the cable and got some crackling sound. Thinking it was my amp I plugged in my mp3 player and it played. So what is the problem? Is it my connection on the amp? Or the cable? Or what?
Please help I just got my first electric guitar last week and don't know anything about it.
It's either the cable or the input jacks.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
It's your cable.
My Gear:

MIM Fat Strat
Ibanez V70CE
Epiphone S-210
Danelectro '59 Factory Spec Reissue
Godin 5th Ave Kingpin

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (x2)
Crybaby 535Q Wah
Marshall Regenerator
EHX Little Big Muff
BBE "Supa-Charger" Power Supply
Is it my cable for sure or could it be the input thing? I'm only asking because the guitar shop is far away and if I go I would like to know what I need and instead of going to get a new cable and going home to test it finding out that it wasn't the cable.
How can I tell if it is the cable? Is there a way to check? I however don't have an amp to test it on besides the one which may be broken.
I just got it working suddenly then when I leaned forward it stopped working again. I unplugged it from my guitar and shook the cable and it went staticey again. So is there a way to see if it is the amp?
Is it a cheap cable?

Check your guitar jack.

It's not your amp.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
It was $16.99 canadian. The brand name is Artist. So it is 100% not my amp?