Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone can help me with a recent problem I've been having with my sound, and I'm assuming it's my sound card since it happens with multiple apps. I have onboard sound via my motherboard that's driven with nForce audio drivers, and really recently, it's started doing really weird things. If I run iTunes in tandem with any other program it almost always happens, and if I run Medal of Honor Airborne even by itself, this problem happens.

Basically, what's happening is randomly my sound will get super distorted and crackly, eventually becoming just non-distinct static. I reinstalled the proper drivers yesterday, I've disabled the nVmixer (which is like the custom Equalizer that comes with it), I tried rolling back the drivers before I did any of this, and nothing has helped.

Any suggestions?
Washburn WI66 Pro E Celtic Cross (1 of 48!)
Washburn WI66 Pro Honeyburst
Takamine EG334SC Acoustic-Electric
Peavey XXX 120W All Tube Half Stack
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Vox Snakecharmer Compressor
Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah
*Cough* *Bump* *Cough* *Cough*
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
What processor do you have? Maybe it's not supplying enough to the card. I know in Guitar Pro, the RSE crackles when there is too much going on in the program.... I think it could be a processing problem since RSE takes up a decent amount of CPU power, but your theory of the sound card could be it too. I think your sound card may be screwed or something, I really have no idea.
Fair enough. I would be damn surprised if it was my processor, just because I have an AMD 3200+, and I've never really had this problem before, nor have I been noticing any other slowdowns, which might be an indication of a bum processor. But thanks. Anybody else got any ideas?
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Do you have a mic? I found mine will do that every now and then if i mute or unmute my mic. Also you may be getting feed back. Try muting your mic if you have one.
Fender MIM Fat Strat
Jackson Dk2m Dinky Pro
Jackson DKMGT
Ibanez RG7321
Goya/Martin G812 Acoustic
Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ
Roland MicroCube
I think it was just the onboard audio finally went. Just threw in a spare Audigy 2 my friend had lying around and now everything is peachy.
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2