Page 1 of 2
Is this guitar considered a chick guitar, cuz im a guy and that would be weird, but the blue on it looks cool. so please tell me if a guy can own this or am i going to be laffed at.
Thanks
Post a Pic.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
It's a freaking paint job, who cares. Sand it down, trash it up, people take their guitar's looks way too seriously. It's about the sound and ease of playing, not looks.
It's just an SG with a blue sunburst. I don't know why that would make it a chick guitar. Heck I'd play a "Hello Kitty" Squire if it sounded good and was made well. Think more about being unique than others opinions of what you are because of what you play.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Last edited by shredder.cheese at Jul 1, 2008,
I wanted the purple version of it in a les paul ages ago. I didn't get it because I'm poor, but I recall my friends giving me **** about it.

in essence, who gives a ****? a guitar is a guitar, its not like its mandatory to wear a skirt and wear eyeliner to play it (though some genre's may say otherwise)
who cares

if you like it, get it

id rock a pink guitar if i found one i liked

think about all the guys playing yellow strats
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
It looks beautiful IMO. You should get it if you like it, don't think of it as getting a girl's guitar, think of it as getting a guitar that is of the female sex, in the same way some men name boats and cars girls names and call boats "she"s.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by uncboy19

+1 on that.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
That sure is a pretty guitar, go for it. I was looking at the Gibson Vixens because they look so cool. They claim those to be chick guitars but so what?
I have a purple squier that my cousin gave me cause she gave up on guitar, its a dark metallic purple with a black pickguard, it looks pretty bitchin' but i dont like letting people see me play with it. (i mean before it broke, but i'm working on fixing it, its a pretty looking guitar i guess you could call it that.)
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Just because it's called "Goddess" doesn't mean it's a chick guitar. Hell, I'd love a Roseburst LP Goddess.

Guitars don't have sexes, they have playability.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
It's fine dude, I actually kinda like that paint job. I hope that doesn't say anything about my masculinity-ness. But watch out for the headstock, but it can be fixed with a simple screwdriver...

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

If it makes you feel any better:

I wouldn't mind a Gibby Goddess, if it didn't have Gibson's name on the headstock...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
That SG looks sweet. The only color that is feminine to me is pink. Yellow and purple aren't pink.
Quote by GoDrex
It's a guitar. They're just trying to market it towards girls. Girls tend to like SG's cause they're thin and light, easy to play for small hands.

The Goddess series has SG's and Les Pauls actually.

I have the violet one, they are pretty nice guitars.

Besides if any one tells you it is a chick guitar there is a full proof way around it:

Just look at them funny and say, "How can it be a girl guitar? Everyone knows girls can't play guitars."

Hard to argue with a closed-minded misogynist after all.
You think that's bad? Look at Vai's guitars. Floral paintjob? Pink and yellow paint jobs? That's hardly feminine compared to those... Those guitars are sweet though, I got a chance to play an old floral JEM and it was awesome.
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w
Yeah, get it man. It's good to have a unique finish. Especially on such a common guitar. Check out my Gibson Les Paul (on the right):

There was no way I was going to go out and get a crappy sunburst one! Everyone has got one of them. Get that SG, you'll look unique, and you wont be yet another bloke with a cherry red SG.
Quote by Matheau
The Goddess series has SG's and Les Pauls actually.

I have the violet one, they are pretty nice guitars.

Besides if any one tells you it is a chick guitar there is a full proof way around it:

Just look at them funny and say, "How can it be a girl guitar? Everyone knows girls can't play guitars."

That's the funniest thing that I've read on here in a long while. Good work sir.

But anyways, the Goddess' are hot in my opinion. Get one if you like them! I quite like the violet Les Paul model.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Anyone seen a pink paisley Telecaster? I'd play that shiz.
Quote by ChrisN
Anyone seen a pink paisley Telecaster? I'd play that shiz.

I really want one, but unfortunately didn't have the cash last time I saw one come up for sale. They're hella sexy. I prefer them to the blue ones too.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
the goddess style looks real sweet - and in typical Gibson ham-handed ness, they've been discontinued as well, so go for it, I say. besides, it's what you do with the guitar that matters
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by Matheau

My uncle has the pink 1, and hes ALL MAN! - Well I say that I aint no perve.
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
Quote by GoDrex
It's a guitar. They're just trying to market it towards girls. Girls tend to like SG's cause they're thin and light, easy to play for small hands.

are you kiding me? the neck on the sg is the profiled as the 50's neck. which is big and round.(well maybe not that big and round but thicker then the 60's) if anything is the strat and tele's neck that are thin
Quote by sashki
I saw in a magazine that Aiden guitarist Angel Ibarra plays a purple one

Just because one gay guy has one doesn't mean its feminine. I'm sure there are gay guys dancing around with black Les Pauls and sunburst Strats too.
Quote by uncboy19

Pssh, I don't mind making homolove to my guitar.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Free Time
Just because one gay guy has one doesn't mean its feminine. I'm sure there are gay guys dancing around with black Les Pauls and sunburst Strats too.

No need to get offended.
I didn't say he was gay (although I see why you suggest it...). I have nothing against him. I just pointed out that I know of a dude that uses one.
if it wasn't called "Goddess"
im POSITIVE you wouldn't be asking this question

that should answer your question. too
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
My squier's a Hello Kitty one. I'm Getting the Lyon by Washburn Hannah Montana one soon and I'm not gay. They're perfect for grunge and doom metal.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
Quote by sashki
No need to get offended.
I didn't say he was gay (although I see why you suggest it...). I have nothing against him. I just pointed out that I know of a dude that uses one.

+1. It's freakin' blue for crying out loud. Blue is the traditional baby boy color...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by kckyle
are you kiding me? the neck on the sg is the profiled as the 50's neck. which is big and round.(well maybe not that big and round but thicker then the 60's) if anything is the strat and tele's neck that are thin

He's specifically referring to the Goddess line, which is clearly marketed (if you check) by Gibson as a guitar aimed at women...slimmer body, slimmer neck. That doesn't mean that certain styles in the line can't be played by guys, but there's no doubt that the Goddess line was targeted towards women...they said so themselves.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
It's baby blue :P

Honestly you should be more concerned with the playability. I played one a few days ago and I hated it. Frets were shoddy and looked like they hadn't been worked on at all. They looked dirty (well, unpolished), and very squared as opposed to being filed and rounded. Not to mention an unacceptable level of fret buzz. I would say that it's a problem with lower end Gibsons, but I saw the same **** with the '61 reissue and the Angus Young signature model. And I was pretty shocked. Even more surprisingly, the Epiphone Les Paul Custom I played was far better.

Then again, maybe i'm just too used to my superior Edwards SG Seriously, some days I don't like the way it plays, but on any given day it beats the hell out of any of the Gibsons I've tried. How much? $800 from Ishibashi Music in Japan.
Quote by MavataR
thats one hell of a find. Did it have change in the case? cause you probably stole it from a busker who was off taking a piss.

yeah dude it is marketed for girls, but it has an awesome feel,you can really thrash and move around with it, and it will supposedly go up in value. i think they have it in black anyway
Page 1 of 2