b7 | Minor Seventh | Bb
7 | Major Seventh | B
8 | Unison (Octave higher) | C
b9 | Minor Ninth | Db
9 | Major Ninth | D
#9 | Sharp Ninth | D#
------------------------------------------------

and all i know of theory is that 7 is an octave

and the unison perfect fourth perfect fifth and octave are the only perfect intervals

EDIT: sorry the chart didnt turn out right
Yes learning those will make a lot of theory make sense. Do you already know how to form the major scale? If not learn that as well.

Also, that chart names some of the intervals incorrectly. It's not biggie but:
'sharp second' should be 'augmented second'
'sharp sixth' should be 'augmented sixth'
'sharp ninth' should be 'augmented ninth'
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by Ænimus Prime
Also, that chart names some of the intervals incorrectly.
'sharp ninth' should be 'augmented ninth'
What's weird is that, despite what you just said, which is correct, you would call E7#9 "E Seven Sharp Nine" and note "E Seven Augmented Nine."
Learn how to form the major scale, then the minor scale before you worry about this. It'll make intervals a lot simpler.
Are the terms "sharp" and "augmented" interchangable? Because the way I have been doing it is using "augmented" only for the perfect intervals and using "sharp" for everything else. Perfect Fourth and augmented fourth, major second and sharp second.
Quote by TheGallowsPole
Are the terms "sharp" and "augmented" interchangable? Because the way I have been doing it is using "augmented" only for the perfect intervals and using "sharp" for everything else. Perfect Fourth and augmented fourth, major second and sharp second.
Augmented is only applicable to pefect intervals (augmented fifths or augmented fourths) and intervals that have been raised past major. 8 semitones might be a minor sixth, sharpen it once more and you get a major sixth, sharpen it once more and you get an augmented sixth (suprisingly common in classical music).
Just note that alot of these intervals are enharmonic to other intervals. Like b4's are used in the superlocrian scale, but its more used as a M3 than a b4.

Sharpening an interval just means its a semitone higher than before. As simple as that.

Also remember that on the internet you'll see people noting formulas in two ways: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 or T M2 M3 P4 P5 M6 M7 8ve.
Both are correct, I think. What confuses me is that a b3 in the first way is 3 semitones but a b3 in the second way is 2 semitones.
Ah, that clears it up. I'm still fairly new to being serious about learning music theory, if that makes any sense...But thanks for your help.

Edit: So why did Prime say that sharp second should be augmented second?
Quote by TheGallowsPole
Edit: So why did Prime say that sharp second should be augmented second?
Sorry. Technically sharp is a process notes and intervals go through to become something else. Augmented is the proper name for an interval, not sharp. The same with flattened intervals, it should be diminished so and so, but alot of guys call it a flat something. Loui Armstrong even called a diminished fifth a flat fifth in one of his performances (he was mocking dizzy gillespie)
Haha, so I could think of the process of being augmented as being sharpened, and the end result as augmented.