Page 1 of 2
Its kinda hard to find bands with Drop C tuning...and I just had my bass tuned and tightened to Drop C so I'm hoping to find some stuff to play. I already know of AILD, KSE, and SoaD...so things other than that would be nice. Thanks

Oh, in addition: I've been playing for about seven months (so nothing too hard) and I like mostly metal so that genre would be best fitting for me.
Last edited by Royal Celebi at Jul 2, 2008,
AUGUST BURNS RED the album MESSENGERS

fairly epic, should keep you busy... actually idk about the bass, but i wud hope so

some atreyu if ur like that

Born of Osiris if u can tab it urself lol

Haste the Day possibly?

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
killswitch/ BFV /COB/ Atryeu /august burns red/ as i lay dying/ ATR
theres alot of drop c stuff mostly metal stuff though
Quote by deafening
AUGUST BURNS RED the album MESSENGERS

fairly epic, should keep you busy... actually idk about the bass, but i wud hope so

some atreyu if ur like that

Born of Osiris if u can tab it urself lol

Haste the Day possibly?

Ah damn, August Burns Red has weird timing. You're right, it'll keep me busy for a while.

Atreyu...eh, kinda gay (the newer stuff anyway). I'll look them up when I get the chance.

I've never heard of Born of Osiris. I like them though, they're brutal. But...I'm horrible at tabbing...so I can't play unfortunately .

Haste the Day...I can't really find any good tabs but I'll keep looking.

Quote by jhall_00

Bullet for my Valentine, Children of Bodom

I listen to BFMV and I'm trying to learn Deliver Us From Evil. I haven't ever listened to Bodom, so I'll be sure to do that.

Quote by HeavyDT

killswitch/ BFV /COB/ Atryeu /august burns red/ as i lay dying/ ATR
theres alot of drop c stuff mostly metal stuff though

Isn't ATR Drop D?

Quote by 08L1V10N

The Everlasting Gaze by The Smashing Pumpkins ?

Hm. Interesting choice, I never thought The Smashing Pumpkins to do Drop C...I'll definitely give it a whirl.

Quote by DartS17

Freya by The Sword is dropped C (at least I'm pretty sure it is)

Ohhh good song. I'll try it.

Quote by ctb

Never actually listened to Byzantine. I'll try though.

Thanks guys, this should keep me busy for a looooong time!
Last edited by Royal Celebi at Jul 2, 2008,
+1 for august burns red. amazing band, and i play bass myself as well. they're fun songs to play, but can sometimes take a while to get down. composure is a good one.

as for other bands that playing in drop c; a day to remember, arsonists get all the girls, as i lay dying, stick to your guns, and a lot of others that i can't think of right now.
Quote by DartS17
Freya by The Sword is dropped C (at least I'm pretty sure it is)

C standard.
ESP LTD MH-50
Martinez MPC-1C-NGL
Laney LV300H
Quote by wildsnail
+1 for august burns red. amazing band, and i play bass myself as well. they're fun songs to play, but can sometimes take a while to get down. composure is a good one.

as for other bands that playing in drop c; a day to remember, arsonists get all the girls, as i lay dying, stick to your guns, and a lot of others that i can't think of right now.

ABR is absolutely insane...I'll look up Composure.

YAY! A Day to Remember! I'm definitely going to look those tabs up! Arsonists Get All the Girls, never heard of them. I haven't listened to STYG in a while.

Thanks
Quote by RSX
2 steps down is drop c or c standard?

2 Steps down would be tuning the whole instrument down two steps, string by string.

Drop C is tuning the E string to C and then taking the other strings down one full step.

You know, now that I think about it, there should be a sticky for each Drop Tuning (D, C, B, etc. etc.). What do you guys/girls think?
Last edited by Royal Celebi at Jul 3, 2008,
yeah, just so yu know, the newest BFMV album isnt in Drop C, its in D Standard, but their album "The Poison" is in Drop C, and im not sure about either of their EPs

basically, a good percentage of modern Metal/Metalcore bands are in Drop C

try It Dies Today (older stuff, im not sure about the newer stuff)
For bass? Im not shure I'm not a bassist btw but as for guitar if you play Disturbed is in Db witch is pretty much Drop C
This works for almost any situation....

Quote by PaulyVengeance
Punch it. Punch it until it goes away.
Quote by negativcreep187
yeah, just so yu know, the newest BFMV album isnt in Drop C, its in D Standard, but their album "The Poison" is in Drop C, and im not sure about either of their EPs

basically, a good percentage of modern Metal/Metalcore bands are in Drop C

try It Dies Today (older stuff, im not sure about the newer stuff)

God are you serious? >_< Crap.

The problem about modern metal/metalcore is that none of my friends enjoy the stuff...so I never really hear of anything outside of what I already know.

Quote by Rock? Anyone

For bass? Im not shure I'm not a bassist btw but as for guitar if you play Disturbed is in Db witch is pretty much Drop C

Um. Db = C# =/= C. But I get what you are trying to say...but I can't really find any Disturbed songs that I'm really interested in playing. I love the band though...
Ignore every post except this one.

Darkest Hour.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Avenged Sevenfold - Radiant Eclipse is in Drop C but i think it's kinda hard. with practice you can play it
Gear: Epiphone Les Paul 100 BK
Ibanez V70-CE BK
Reno SCG-V190
Kustom HV-65
Behringer X-Vamp LX1-X
Marshall Footswitch 2-Way Channel, Reverb

Guitar for LIFE!

and skateboard
Quote by 'StoleN'

Darkest Hour.

That would be absolutely awesome...IFF I could find the damn tabs!

Quote by kevo92

Avenged Sevenfold - Radiant Eclipse is in Drop C but i think it's kinda hard. with practice you can play it

Ill check it out..
three days grace animal i have become and riot. animal i have become is a little easi.er
Winter's wolves by the Sword... it's te five-star rated one, I think, when you search it on this site.
Gabba gabba hey
Quote by Royal Celebi
You know, now that I think about it, there should be a sticky for each Drop Tuning (D, C, B, etc. etc.). What do you guys/girls think?

Yeah i agree. It would be alot easier
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

Almost every Metalcore band:

As I Lay Dying
As Blood Runs Black
August Burns Red
As We Fight
Heaven Shall Burn
The Black Dahlia Murder
Silent Civilian
Still Remains
All That Remains
Himsa
Killswitch Engage
Maroon

& much more which i cant list right now since my Hard Drive is gone and I cant remember all the names
Quote by wildsnail

so is barbarian

also black dahlia murder. people will say. its in C standard but you can play it in drop C
Quote by Dommak89
Almost every Metalcore band:

As I Lay Dying
As Blood Runs Black
August Burns Red
As We Fight
Heaven Shall Burn
The Black Dahlia Murder
Silent Civilian
Still Remains
All That Remains
Himsa
Killswitch Engage
Maroon

& much more which i cant list right now since my Hard Drive is gone and I cant remember all the names

The Black Dahlia Murder used C-standard, and All that Remains uses D-Standard.
Yeah pretty much any Three Days Grace stuff, also a fair bit of Disturbed stuff. If I was going to learn any Disturbed song in drop-C it'd be Stricken.

Now, I'll have a look through my MP3 player and find you all the bands I have on there that use drop-C tuning and list the songs I have by them in drop-C tuning.

Annihilator - Maximum Satan.
Bullet For My Valentine - The entire Poison album.
Children Of Bodom - In Your Face, Are You Dead Yet possibly, Follow The Reaper maybe, not sure about those two.
Chimaira - Pretty much everything.
Disturbed - Avarice, Guarded, Inside The Fire, Land Of Confusion I think, Liberate maybe, Rise possibly, Sons Of Plunder is I think, Stricken, The Game maybe, Voices perhaps, Ten Thousand Fists maybe.
Fozzy - Enemy.
In Flames possibly, not sure what tuning they use.
It Dies Today - Freak Gasoline Fight Accident, don't know about any of the others.
Killswitch Engage.
Kittie - Brackish.
Lacuna Coil maybe?
Metallica - St. Anger album if you can stand it.
Sepultura?
Shadows Fall?
Some Steve Vai stuff.

That's everything I can come up with. Have fun.
sig goes here
AYDY is in Drop C, yeah.

Anterior use Drop C, and they're sick as Cujo.

Quote by convictionless
also black dahlia murder. people will say. its in C standard but you can play it in drop C

Not really. The majority of their songs are C standard, but a few are Drop C (Closed Casket Requiem, Apex etc). You can play it Drop C, but for some of their riffs, it's just an unecessary pain in the ass.
R E G G A E
As blood runs black

36 crazyfists

cancer bats

the zico chain

waking the cadaver

chimaira

some job for a cowboy stuff, e.g suspended by the throat
Are we forgetting System Of A Down!? All they're earlier stuff is in Drop C. Check out toxicity. Great record.

Crap just read the first post... I already know SoAD... *facepalms because of himself.*

Shadows Fall - the light that blinds is a cool tune.

Ok I just checked the tab. Apparently its in Drop D. So basically I tried to help you and failed, twice. I'm gunna stop wasting your time now.

Have a nice day.
Last edited by Bubbles516 at Jul 23, 2008,
Quote by sk82bleed
(INTO ETERNITY)
They're a good drop C band some of it is kinda easy but u will enjoy it i think

Here's a song it's called (sever emotional distress)

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/i/into_eternity/severe_emotional_distress_tab.htm

I love that you linked to the one-star tab that's written in standard.

Also, Strapping Young Lad.

OK, so it's open C, but that's a totally badass tuning, and you only have to change three strings.
Quote by fearo
Drop-C is CGCFAD.

The end.

To be continued...

Although popularly referred to as "Drop C", CGCFAD tuning is not in fact "Drop C" tuning; a "drop" tuning refers only to the dropping of the tuning of the lowest string; thus "Drop C" tuning is actually CADGBE and the tuning referred to is actually "Drop D, tuned down one whole step (tone)."
A Day To Remember is really good, and i'm pretty sure they're all in drop C...
their song A Plot To Bomb The Panhandle is easy but fun to play
Quote by 'StoleN'

Darkest Hour.

Epic.

'nuff said
Try it, I dare you!
Quote by fearo
Drop-C is CGCFAD.

The end.

Wrong. There's a reason it's called a "drop" tuning, you drop the E. The only reason it's accepted as "drop C" is because so many people are wrong about it that it magically became correct.
Quote by Survivalism
Wrong. There's a reason it's called a "drop" tuning, you drop the E. The only reason it's accepted as "drop C" is because so many people are wrong about it that it magically became correct.

Actually drop C is correct.

Drop tuning the top string (6th) a step.

Drop C is the 6th string tuned down one step from D standard.

So DGCFAD becomes CGCFAD
Try it, I dare you!
Page 1 of 2