ok im new here and im sorry if there is already some sort of thread or something about this

my friend got his trem bar shortened to the david gilmuor size 4.25"

and i was wondering if it has any effects on the guitar or your playing...like more mobility, efficiency, etc. or is it just for looks and to be like mr gilmour becuase i was thinking of doing the same thing

and my next question is now that i just got my new 2008 american standard stratocaster i was wondering which pickups to get...the 69 fender pickups or the David Gilmour EMG's....ive heard good things about both and i would prefer different pickups from the stock set

thanks for the help guys
Quote by amazing FretMan
ok im new here and im sorry if there is already some sort of thread or something about this

my friend got his trem bar shortened to the david gilmuor size 4.25"

and i was wondering if it has any effects on the guitar or your playing...like more mobility, efficiency, etc. or is it just for looks and to be like mr gilmour becuase i was thinking of doing the same thing

and my next question is now that i just got my new 2008 american standard stratocaster i was wondering which pickups to get...the 69 fender pickups or the David Gilmour EMG's....ive heard good things about both and i would prefer different pickups from the stock set

thanks for the help guys

Shortening the trim bar really isnt that big of a deal. you can just buy a shorter one instead of having it shortened.

It's a commom misconception that the secod you get a guitar, it needs new pickups. I mean, if you have an amp that makes you sound just like you want to but you're missing a very insignificant little piece, that's the pickups. Your main sound comes from your amp.

So im guessing you like Pink Floyd... alot. What amp do you have?
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
I have the Gilmour pre-wired EMG pickups and pick guard set in my Mexican Squire Strat and it is great. About shortening the bar I would assume it is all about comfort. If you play your friends and it feels good to you then it is a plus, and if it feels funny then its a negative. Some people like longer bars, some shorter. Some like wobbly bars and other tighter (or more stationary). It's subjective.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
i have the Vox Half stack but i made it a Full Stack by getting an extra cab

i have had my left handed epi les paul for about 3 years(ive been playing 6) and it has custom pickups, which im glad i put in it

just got my strat so i figured i would put some new pickups in it

EDIT: forgot to say thanks for the help guys =D and nice meeting you guys

oh and i love pink floyd...but zeppelin has been like 75% the reason why i play guitar
Last edited by amazing FretMan at Jul 1, 2008,
Well yu can get the David Gilmour custom set with the pick gaurd and all. not quite sure how much though. Should sound just right with that amp if its tube, and if its the valvetronix, it might not sounds as good, but still not too bad.

http://emginc.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Guitar&categoryid=11&catalogid=56

EDIT:// found it, its kinda pricy

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/EMG-EMGDG20-David-Gilmour-PreWired-PickguardPickup-Set?sku=301515
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
thanks, i found both the 69 fender pickups and DG-20 EMG's they are both a bit pricey

i just figured i already got my les paul beause my idol jimmy page....so why not get a tricked out strat in honor of david gilmour

he has used both the pickups im looking into
IMO, you cant go wrong with the EMG's
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
have you played with them or seen them in action before?

im really leaning towards the emg's hah