what im basically looking for is an affordable car with good gas mileage(preferably at least around the 20-22ish area if at all possible). i live in america and im 17 so im just looking for a car to get me to school/work, to cruise around in sometimes and make an occasional 77mile(154 mile round trip) drive down to see some people i know(this is where i need at least some decent gas milage as it will cost me 30$ to make this round trip at current gas prices with a car that gets 20 mpg).

any suggestions? ill look at anything at least point me in the right direction since i know next to nothing about cars. thanks pit!
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
but warthogs cost too much...
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
ok lol seriously does anyone want to actually suggest a car i should look at?
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?

Seriously, though, get something with at least 25MPG and do the planet a favor.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
flying couch: thanks idk about celica but i went on the toyota site and theyve got some great cars it seems and they have almost 30mpg.

madefortvmovie: id like to keep it the cheapest possible but ill probably be willing to pay at most(at least right now) around 25000. idk anything about cars so idk if thats too cheap a demand but im seeing pretty good ones right now for 15000 ish

cryptor child: thanks for reminding me about honda im looking at civics right now.
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by BlackandSilver

Seriously, though, get something with at least 25MPG and do the planet a favor.

Why don't you give him the money to buy a car with "at least 25MPG"?
Quote by Linqua5150
flying couch: thanks idk about celica but i went on the toyota site and theyve got some great cars it seems and they have almost 30mpg.

madefortvmovie: id like to keep it the cheapest possible but ill probably be willing to pay at most(at least right now) around 25000. idk anything about cars so idk if thats too cheap a demand but im seeing pretty good ones right now for 15000 ish

cryptor child: thanks for reminding me about honda im looking at civics right now.

Buy a trash civic and when you get some money you can fix that **** up.
Quote by SuperiorToYou
Why don't you give him the money to buy a car with "at least 25MPG"?

Shouldn't be my problem if he wants to get a ****ty car. ^^

/Hippy moment
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
WOAH, I didnt see your price cap. Get a leftover Audi A3 with the 2.0 Turbo motor and have a nice day. Audi can't sell the things, and they are every bit as nice as an Audi A4, just they are hatchbacks. You can get an unsold 2007 model, or a lightly used 06/07 for like $23k. They are FANTASTIC cars.
Last edited by Keef-is-king at Jul 1, 2008,
thats a pretty good price range to be in (esp for a first car). i got my 4Runner for $15,000.

yea, definitely check out hondas (civic or accord)
ford fusion is pretty nice - 25-29 mph.
toyota have some really great cars for that price (and ideal mileage)
and ****, you could buy a pretty basic (no options) prius new for 22grand
the cheapest civic you can get(brand new) costs around 14000. this sounds extremely affordable, but once again idk about cars so if this is a ****ty car i have no idea.

thanks for the info about the vw. im really considering one of those now

EDIT: still there are some pretty cheap vw.
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Last edited by Linqua5150 at Jul 1, 2008,
Quote by Linqua5150
the cheapest civic you can get(brand new) costs around 14000. this sounds extremely affordable, but once again idk about cars so if this is a ****ty car i have no idea.

thanks for the info about the vw. im really considering one of those now.

Civics are the least bit ****ty.
You can put alot of customization into one and make it amazing.
yea civic or accord sounds ideal right now. i dont really even care about customization i just need a car with decent gas mileage.

EDIT: i mean, i can get a basic civic coupe for around 15k-16k im looking at right now.
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Last edited by Linqua5150 at Jul 2, 2008,
Are you looking to buy new or used? I know that most newer cars are definitely pushing for mileage. I mean there's obviously a lot of other aspects to take into consideration. Try carmax.com or something because I believe they have a very specific search engine to find new and used cars for their users.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
it doesnt matter new or used but yea i would think newer cars would have better gas mileage
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
I suggest a used because I believe that a new car loses about 10-15% of its value the second you drive it off the lot (or am I making that up? Not sure, it something around there).

http://www.carmax.com/

That'll give you an idea for sure.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Dude, just because gas is only $5/gallon now doesn't mean its going to stay there. Its only going to get more expensive. The gas price has doubled over the past 5 years or so. I'd be suprised if gas is only $10/gal in 5 years.

Anyone purchasing an auto right now should be looking at hybrids and electrics if they plan on using their car for a few years.
I say definitely buy Japanese, Toyota if you can.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
If you want good mileage and an awesome car, go with a 1997-2002 Grand Prix GTP, they get about 24 (mine's got a lot under the hood and gets 20) and the book on them is only about $4000
Songs
Our Song

Quote by archangels666

YOU MOTHER GET UP, come on get DOWN WITH THE BUTTSECKS!
YOU FUCKER GET UP, come on get DOWN WITH THE BUTTSECKS!
BUTTSECKS IS THE GIFT THAT HAS BEEN GIVEN TO ME!

you might want to look into saturns, I got a pontiac from my local saturn dealer but if it wasn't that it was gonna be an ion. I've heard great things about them, and they're fairly cheap if you get a used model ( < 15,000 easy) they get pretty good mileage too.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by 1965harley
If you want good mileage and an awesome car, go with a 1997-2002 Grand Prix GTP, they get about 24 (mine's got a lot under the hood and gets 20) and the book on them is only about $4000

THANK YOU. i just found about the best car haha its a 2002 grand prix 2d coupe, not 4000$, the best i found is 8000 but its definitely the best ive found so far\

EDIT: now looking at saturns
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
I got a Pontiac Sunfire for $1500 in almost perfect condition

Gets pretty good gas mileage

Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows