Page 3 of 1027
Whoever bumped this:

I love basketball, but I haven't been watching that much this season cause the Wizards have been garbage this year. Been watching Washington hockey instead.

But next season... if Arenas is back on the court with Haywood and we can maybe dump Stevenson and get a better role player, and everyone is healthy, I'm gonna be excited.

And if McGee develops nicely we should have some solid center positions.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Quote by Karvid
It has already been seven straight wins for the Hawks. Beating Cleveland would make that eight.

Yeah. Tough game for my Hawks though. They are very good and they are developing in a way that makes me very happy, but Cleveland is such a great team. I hope the hawks can defeat them, but if not I know that they are fighting for it and they really couldn't be losing to a better team (honestly, I rate Cleveland the #1 team to fear in the league).

Whatever though, GO HAWKS.

EDIT: And Gibson, I'm sorry but I have been drinking a bit so I can't offer much to your reply at the moment. Tomorrow I will though, because your answer was full of things to talk about (you do well with sports I'm noticing).
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Last edited by terrencemaddox at Mar 20, 2009,
Quote by Yeti60
Whoever bumped this:

I love basketball, but I haven't been watching that much this season cause the Wizards have been garbage this year. Been watching Washington hockey instead.

But next season... if Arenas is back on the court with Haywood and we can maybe dump Stevenson and get a better role player, and everyone is healthy, I'm gonna be excited.

And if McGee develops nicely we should have some solid center positions.

I think Jamison is pretty good too right? I know he dropped 30 points or so the other night.

In St. Louis, where I live, there is no NBA, and it's only on TV when ESPN or TNT shows it, or sometimes the Bulls come on some cable station (WGN I think). There is barely any newspaper coverage, just a few box scores and game summaries.

However, I still try to follow NBA as much as I can, but I only get to see the teams ESPN shows (LA, Cleveland, Boston, Houston, Detroit, and Dallas are pretty much on all the time, and sometimes Atlanta, Utah or Orlando). Even though I am NBA-deprived, I still refuse to watch any game announced by that Van Gundy guy. I think he's horrible!
Saint Louis Blues
^ I love Jeff Van Gundy. Mostly because he reminds me of when the Knicks were relevant...
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by Karvid
It has already been seven straight wins for the Hawks. Beating Cleveland would make that eight.

yeah my bad. I just think that the hawks are very underrated. In the power rankings we're usually always out of the top 10.

We've played boston and cleveland really close. We only lost to boston by 1 point on and that was on a paul pierce buzzer beater. And the same with the Cavs. And we've beat them once.

Plus horford is just amazing. Give him 1-2 more years before hes an allstar.
Quote by terrencemaddox
Yeah. Tough game for my Hawks though. They are very good and they are developing in a way that makes me very happy, but Cleveland is such a great team. I hope the hawks can defeat them, but if not I know that they are fighting for it and they really couldn't be losing to a better team (honestly, I rate Cleveland the #1 team to fear in the league).

Whatever though, GO HAWKS.

EDIT: And Gibson, I'm sorry but I have been drinking a bit so I can't offer much to your reply at the moment. Tomorrow I will though, because your answer was full of things to talk about (you do well with sports I'm noticing).

haha not really. I'm good with football but not with other sports. Like, I love to watch basketball, and I know the basic rules and the positions, but I know nothing of strategies and types of offenses and defenses.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by The Picker
I think Jamison is pretty good too right? I know he dropped 30 points or so the other night.

In St. Louis, where I live, there is no NBA, and it's only on TV when ESPN or TNT shows it, or sometimes the Bulls come on some cable station (WGN I think). There is barely any newspaper coverage, just a few box scores and game summaries.

However, I still try to follow NBA as much as I can, but I only get to see the teams ESPN shows (LA, Cleveland, Boston, Houston, Detroit, and Dallas are pretty much on all the time, and sometimes Atlanta, Utah or Orlando). Even though I am NBA-deprived, I still refuse to watch any game announced by that Van Gundy guy. I think he's horrible!

Oh yeah, Jamison is the man... if I could play ball like anyone it might be him.
You should find a website that lets you watch games live for free.... they exist, and I used to know one, but sadly I forgot the name.

Oh yeah and Butler kicks ass... and we definitely shouldn't of given up Mason to the Spurs
AROUND THE WORLD

Last edited by Yeti60 at Mar 21, 2009,
WHOA! Something I noticed when I watched the Wizards-Bulls game tonight... really good game despite the Wizards losing, they put up a good effort, and Jamison had a monster game... but! what I noticed!

(but in a Wizards jersey)

Dave Chapelle IS Javaris Crittendon!
AROUND THE WORLD

^

My Pistons, they are dreadful once more. It dont help that Rip, Rasheed, and AI have been hurt forever, but they have had some big leads that they've blown.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I wore my Lebron jersey the other day for the heck of it. Cleveland has an 11 game winning streak right now, which is always nice.

I'll be happy as long as either the Cavaliers or the Celtics win the championship, although Orlando's also doing really well right now.

/total disregard for the Western Conference
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
^I think those are the only teams with a legit shot at winning the championship in the East. Boston will need Garnett back, and Cleveland may not need Wallace back, but they may need his help on defense if they want to go all the way.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I hope its Boston. I am jealous of Cleveland. Washington and Cleveland used to be comporable in skill... but now Wizards are at the bottom and Cleveland is on top and James is playing really well.

I like how Boston plays and I like the personalities on the team and its good to see them winning again after years of being terrible.
AROUND THE WORLD

I just saw the Wizards-Cavs game... HOLY CRAP! A really amazing game. The Wizards put up a monster effort. Defensively they were solid. Arenas managed the ball well and made some amazing passes, Haywood rebounded like a monster, Songaila had an all around spectacular game, lots of energy coming from him.

For the Cavs, James had a pretty good game, he stepped up his play in the 2nd half, got me worried a few times. Mo Williams had a good shooting night also.

I'm really proud of the Wizards for the upset win, and definitely glad to see Arenas and Haywood back.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Charles Barkley needs to shut the **** up.
AROUND THE WORLD

Last edited by Yeti60 at Apr 2, 2009,
^ I love Charles, can't really take him seriously but he makes me laugh.

My Mavs need to move up into the 7th seed to avoid a 1st round against the Lakers so they can stand a chance in the playoffs. They have 5 home games left so its possible.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Go Mavs...

But.... if it comes down to Lakers and Cavs, I'm definitely going with the Lakers. I used to be a fan back with Robert Horry, Derek Fisher, Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant, Phil Jackson, Karl Malone, and all those fellas. Then all most of em moved on and I don't like Kobe that much, so I stopped following them.

But Lakers > Cavs
AROUND THE WORLD

Playoffs started yesterday. Anyone watching?
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
I haven't watched any games yet, but I was surprised by the Celtics losing yesterday. Lulz were had when I checked the scores.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
There's actually been a surprising amount of lower seeds beating higher seeds. Out of six games, only the Lakers and Cavs have held seed.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
76ers are doing decently against the Magic.
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by Alexishxc1337
I'm very bummed Ariza's signing with Houston. But Artest will be a great addition to LA he's pretty much a bigger Ariza.

what did i miss during my all day hangover nap?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by Alexishxc1337

just looked it up after i made that last post. why didnt houston make more effort to keep artest? but a more serious question is why is la signing artest?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
i think ariza wont be as good in houston. just a hunch.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Shaqtus Cavtus
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by Strato-Massacre
i think ariza wont be as good in houston. just a hunch.

cause he won't have a great player to play off. Yao is pretty much done, as is T-Mac. He's gonna be relied on to score his on his own, which isn't really his style.
Kidd to the knickerbockers?

Good fit?

I'm not sure, opinions?

It probably won't make a difference either way
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by slaptasticdave
Kidd to the knickerbockers?

Good fit?

I'm not sure, opinions?

It probably won't make a difference either way

if he's cheap enough they should go for it, but considering he's not gonna be there in the long run, and they're out in the 2010 hunt, they shouldn't.
any1 think the warriors are gonna do better?i hope so
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Michael Bay is really good at concealing explosions in his work. They only last for a few seconds and only take up 1% of the screen,

"Member #41 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join"
Quote by superboy777
any1 think the warriors are gonna do better?i hope so

not until they get a new coach.
NY is going to pwn the 2010 free agent market, methinks.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
not until they get a new coach.
NY is going to pwn the 2010 free agent market, methinks.

If the Shaq thing fails, and they don't get the ring next year, they'll score Lebron.
Quote by Alexishxc1337
If the Shaq thing fails, and they don't get the ring next year, they'll score Lebron.

theyll score lebron regardless. it would be sweet if they got lebron AND dirk.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
theyll score lebron regardless. it would be sweet if they got lebron AND dirk.

with Nate at the point, that would be a ridiculously fast lineup.
Quote by Alexishxc1337
with Nate at the point, that would be a ridiculously fast lineup.

and high scoring. when lebron is triple teamed in the paint and cant get a lay up, kick it out to dirk for the 3, and vice versa.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
and high scoring. when lebron is triple teamed in the paint and cant get a lay up, kick it out to dirk for the 3, and vice versa.

fock

the rest of the team would have to learn to commit on defense, or else they'll end up being Warriors 2.0
Quote by Alexishxc1337
fock

the rest of the team would have to learn to commit on defense, or else they'll end up being Warriors 2.0

if the suns didnt play much d w/ coach d (irony, i know), why would NY w/ him as their coach? the only difference between a d'antoni team and the warriors though is that a coach d team is at least good enough on offense to compensate for the lack of d.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Well it seems they're offering Kidd 3 years, must be frontloaded for this year, or else it doesn't make much sense. I question if they'll really land Lebron tho.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
if the suns didnt play much d w/ coach d (irony, i know), why would NY w/ him as their coach? the only difference between a d'antoni team and the warriors though is that a coach d team is at least good enough on offense to compensate for the lack of d.

hmmm good point. Maybe 'Bron will instill some of his mindset into the crew. He turned Mike Brown into a decent looking coach in Cleveland, so I don't see why he can't at least have a tiny impact on D'Antoni.