Page 5 of 1027
i really believe d-wade is going to opt out after this season. i hope detroit makes a run at him
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by Strato-Massacre
my poor pistons
talk about a fall from grace...
I'm sorry. I've always liked the Pistons. Who do they have now? Hamilton?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
I'm sorry. I've always liked the Pistons. Who do they have now? Hamilton?

some dumb kid from east washington university, or something like that
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
some dumb kid from east washington university, or something like that

lol Stuckey

Sure, lets give up our all star, finals MVP point guard and put all our faith into a scrubby 2nd year player!
Quote by Alexishxc1337
lol Stuckey

Sure, lets give up our all star, finals MVP point guard and put all our faith into a scrubby 2nd year player!

they were looking at cap space and the 2010 free agent market when they did that.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
they were looking at cap space and the 2010 free agent market when they did that.

they still had a solid team. not to mention they spent alot on Villanueva and Gordon already this year.
Quote by Alexishxc1337
they still had a solid team. not to mention they spent alot on Villanueva and Gordon already this year.

well they also probably figured that the core of their team was nearing the end of their prime and that age was about to start taking its toll?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
well they also probably figured that the core of their team was nearing the end of their prime and that age was about to start taking its toll?

Meh, good point. Gordon and Villanueva are both young still.
Quote by Titansfan920
Bucks plan to buy him out of his contract and after a 30 day period he is believed to sign back in San Antonio.

same thing detroit did when they included mcdyss(?) in that trade for ai . denver released him after 30 days, and he resigned w/ the pistons.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Alexishxc1337
Gortat is staying with Orlando. What a stacked front line.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
i hope hansbrough doesnt suck like everyone seems to think he will. i see him being an okay player. it would be nice to see him have a solid career especially since there is this weird hatred towards him.
Quote by Unourrit01
i hope hansbrough doesnt suck like everyone seems to think he will. i see him being an okay player. it would be nice to see him have a solid career especially since there is this weird hatred towards him.

he seems solid in summer league, but it's summer league after all.

he just seems to be the type of player that excels in college but is an average or below average player. Kind of like Dan Gadzuric a few years back. Solid at UCLA, second string center on the Bucks now.

I hope he does prove everyone wrong though, he seems like a pretty good guy.
Last edited by Alexishxc1337 at Jul 14, 2009,
i just fail to understand how one of the best players in the country, who was one of the best player on the best team, is labled as "not nba material". while im not saying i think hell be an mvp, or even a hall of famer, i think he will have a good solid career.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Alexishxc1337
he seems solid in summer league, but it's summer league after all.

he just seems to be the type of player that excels in college but is an average or below average player. Kind of like Dan Gadzuric a few years back. Solid at UCLA, second string center on the Bucks now.

I hope he does prove everyone wrong though, he seems like a pretty good guy.
Yeah I can see him being that type of player.

I hate to bring up another Magic player out of fear of coming across as a fan boy, but Ryan Anderson has looked great in the summer league.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Strato-Massacre
i just fail to understand how one of the best players in the country, who was one of the best player on the best team, is labled as "not nba material". while im not saying i think hell be an mvp, or even a hall of famer, i think he will have a good solid career.

thank you. i love how his all time great college resume somehow leads to him having no chance of an nba career, especially after he gained a nice little jumper. i however like much more the people that say he was overrated in college. thats usually where i stop the convo.
Quote by Unourrit01
thank you. i love how his all time great college resume somehow leads to him having no chance of an nba career, especially after he gained a nice little jumper. i however like much more the people that say he was overrated in college. thats usually where i stop the convo.

people need to get off his nuts about his jump shooting. i sure dont hear anybody praising lebron james for his jumper. and its not like an nba player HAS to have a great jump shot, when they can just rumble their way to the rim for a dunk or layup.
its like saying jerome bettis shouldnt have been a good running back because he ran it up the middle.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
people need to get off his nuts about his jump shooting. i sure dont hear anybody praising lebron james for his jumper. and its not like an nba player HAS to have a great jump shot, when they can just rumble their way to the rim for a dunk or layup.
its like saying jerome bettis shouldnt have been a good running back because he ran it up the middle.

well i think everyone was looking for him to get a jump shot and now that he has it, he should be looked at a little better but that just doesnt seem to be the case.
Quote by Unourrit01
well i think everyone was looking for him to get a jump shot and now that he has it, he should be looked at a little better but that just doesnt seem to be the case.

but i think some of it has to do w/ the fact that this years draft class was very "meh", and thats going easy on the insults .
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by OnlyIbanez12
All this talk is useless. The Grizzlies will win this year, no question.

lol
*reported*
seriously, that is spam.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by element4433
Yeah I can see him being that type of player.

I hate to bring up another Magic player out of fear of coming across as a fan boy, but Ryan Anderson has looked great in the summer league.

Am I the only one who feels that Marcin Gortat is worth nowhere near the 7 million dollars a year he'll be making? He averaged 3 points and 3 rebounds last year. I mean, he's making more than Ron Artest and Trevor Ariza now. Big luxary tax payments coming up.

Anyways, if the Lakers resign Odom, I find no reason to believe they can't repeat, being that they basically traded up at the SF position for the same money.

Oh, and by the way, I'm in the boat with those saying Hansborough is going to be, at best, an 11th or 12th man, and is going to be playing in the Ukraine by this time in 2011.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Last edited by RHCP94 at Jul 14, 2009,
i want to see denver do even better next year.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
but i think some of it has to do w/ the fact that this years draft class was very "meh", and thats going easy on the insults .

well i cant comment on draft class quality because before they play in the nba, i usually have a college basketball bias since i watch college basketball much more religiously than the nba so i look at them as they were in college, usually overrlooking the fact that the competition is changing.
Quote by RHCP94
Am I the only one who feels that Marcin Gortat is worth nowhere near the 7 million dollars a year he'll be making? He averaged 3 points and 3 rebounds last year. I mean, he's making more than Ron Artest and Trevor Ariza now. Big luxary tax payments coming up.

Anyways, if the Lakers resign Odom, I find no reason to believe they can't repeat, being that they basically traded up at the SF position for the same money.
I think he could be a started in the NBA. I think the only reason the Magic matched is because they need him to win right now. If they were trying to build a team they would have let him leave (and would have kept Lee), but right now the need somebody who can come in when Howard is in foul trouble. They definitely need him or somebody like him if they want to make it back to the finals next year.

Oh and I agree with you about LA being able to repeat if they keep Odom.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Last edited by element4433 at Jul 14, 2009,
Supposedly Ryan Anderson is just as good as Courtney Lee, but no one has watched a Nets game since Jason Kidd left.
Quote by RHCP94
Supposedly Ryan Anderson is just as good as Courtney Lee, but no one has watched a Nets game since Jason Kidd left.

didnt the nets fold like 3 years ago?
Quote by Unourrit01

the nets are still a team?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Anderson is looking good so far. I'm hoping he can be a good sixth man, which is all I see him as for the immediate future.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Unourrit01

You mean, as in go bankrupt or something? I don't think so, I think Jay-Z owns part of them and wants to move them to Brooklyn.

They really haven't been contentious at all since 2004, but I think they're gearing up again. They have a lot of promising young players.

Checked Wiki, and they are supposedly moving to Brooklyn in '10-'11.
Last edited by RHCP94 at Jul 14, 2009,
Quote by RHCP94
You mean, as in go bankrupt or something? I don't think so, I think Jay-Z owns part of them and wants to move them to Brooklyn.

They really haven't been contentious at all since 2004, but I think they're gearing up again. They have a lot of promising young players.

i thought they turned into the sixers minors team after finding out thesixers shared their summer league team with them.
whats the difference between the d-league and the summer league? dont they essentially do the same thing for the same players?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
whats the difference between the d-league and the summer league? dont they essentially do the same thing for the same players?

If you're signed to an NBA team, you don't play in the D-League. Summer leagues are usually for players signed to a team (but often playing for another team in Europe or something) to compete. The D-League actually has a Las Vegas Summer League team.
id lol if the nets really do change their name to the brooklyn ballers.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Unourrit01
that is just retarded at best haha.
lmfao I was not, in the least bit, being serious. I am a Grizzlies fan, but I'm not delusional.
Quote by RHCP94
Oh, and by the way, I'm in the boat with those saying Hansborough is going to be, at best, an 11th or 12th man, and is going to be playing in the Ukraine by this time in 2011.

I wouldn't go that far.

the season hasn't even started yet, so there's plenty of time for him to silence the naysayers.
Quote by Strato-Massacre

I think summer league is for rookies, 2nd year players, guys who are trying to keep their spot on a team (see: Adam Morrison), and D Leaguers trying to make a team, while the D league plays parallel to the real league with those who didn't make a squad, or were reassigned.