We can't really find any gigs or stuff like that. How do you guys get gigs for your band? We mean local, and websites or ideas. We're young though all around 13. But we're pretty good.
We call the local venues and they book us. I'm also trying to find websites, but I haven't had any luck.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
have ye got anything recorded?. If you do just hand it around.... anywhere that shows live music, radio stations, local newspapers etc etc.

If you dont have a recording and ur 13 then i doubt any 'venue' will take you on. Try and see if you can lay friends birthday parties or something. You can always try and organise a local gig and have other bands play at it. Altho at ur age you will need adult support
In order for any band to be taken seriously - regardless of age - you need a demo. If I was a club owner and some barely-teenager came up to me and said, "Hey dude, I have a band. Can we play at your venue?" I'd be reluctant at the absolute best. I would even be reluctant if it was someone who was 20-something or 30-something, but especially a young teenager. The only time I wouldn't be reluctant, even with no demo, would be if the person who approached me was an established artist in some way - the guy who played with such-and-such recording act, or the guy who everyone in town calls up for session work, or the guy who has a reputation as being *the* hottest songwriter in town. For him (or her, of course), I don't need a demo.

Now... at your age, even with a demo, I'm wary. Who is going to come out? Your friends? Nope. Not most clubs. You have to be drinking age. I need to have some kind of confidence that I'm going to make money. I'm a businessman, not a philanthropic patron of the arts.

Your best bet - and even a good bet for older bands - is to play house parties and stuff. Guaranteed party vibe (as opposed to everyone standing around looking too cool for their own shoes), guaranteed crowd (as opposed to six regular alcoholics who would be there even if the place was on fire, plus the three people on staff), and you don't have to bust your @ss trying to get people to come out. In many ways, this is better than a "real" gig.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I would have suggested bars, but then I saw how old you said you were. I would suggest that if your school has a talent show, try to get into that. Friends' parties would be another good way at your age. Being that young, there's not too many place you could play for people you don't know.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
Quote by Helloween_rox
I would have suggested bars, but then I saw how old you said you were. I would suggest that if your school has a talent show, try to get into that. Friends' parties would be another good way at your age. Being that young, there's not too many place you could play for people you don't know.

Well, we were probably around the best or the performers in our talent show (we were the last act), which had no judges, winner etc. We played at one of the band members's sister's parties, but that's it so far. Any kind of people/websites should we cal/look at?
Last edited by mzhang13 at Jul 2, 2008,
Quote by mzhang13
Well, we were probably around the best or the performers in our talent show (we were the last act), which had no judges, winner etc. We played at one of the band members's sister's parties, but that's it so far. Any kind of people/websites should we cal/look at?

myspace, its the best place for some exposure, and makes it a lot easier to let people know when your playing and stuff like that, click of a button you can send a message out to everybody, and being 13, im pretty sure just about everyone your age has a myspace.
my bands a few months old, were 14 and 15 and we play at the java joint, its a coffe shop thing sorta, talent shows for your school are good also. me and the other guitarist in my band are going to play the star spangled banner harmonized for the homecoming football game also, so yea since were almost the same age look for stuff like that
Everyone in my band is 16 but this will still apply to you too. We live in a small town without many venues, so what we do is try to get a spot at the big events that has a lot of the town there (Relay for Life and stuff like that). Also, most of the coffee shops will let bands play acoustic sets at them. It's also a good idea to get in touch with other bands that are more established and open for them. Then of course you've got your school talent show and friends parties and stuff like that.
Where I live, there are no bars and clubs and such. So my band plays at all of the free concerts. We're starting to get a bit of a following. I'm actually thinking of setting up a show with another local band. We compliment eachother well and love eachother's music. So we'll have two followings and the party crowd.

All you should want right now is publicity. You want as many people as possible know you, your band, and how good you are. but don't be snobby.

You might see if you can open for one of the bigger bands in your area.

and +1 to Garcia. he's right.