When I play for an extended time or when it's hot, my hands get sweaty. This is especially annoying because when my fretting hand gets sweaty, it slows my speed not only on the neck, but navigating strings as well. Just cause when they get sweaty, they also get a little sticky because of the moisture, especially when I wipe them off. This is the most frustrating when I can't slide anywhere near my normal ability to this slowness. SO what are some tricks that could help me, especially in a gig setting, where I can't just go wash my hands after every song?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

This is something that happens to pretty much everyone... unless you're like severely dehydrated or something like that.

Just keep practicing and you will get through it!
Dude that's awesome thanks!!! Am I suppose to put that on before I play? or...each time after i'm finished??
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100

yeah - that or Dr. Stringfellow string cleaner (same thing prolly) and yes it nice and slick.

it says to spray it on before and after each playing but i hardly get around to doing that often so I just do it as much as i can. Before is obvioulsy better, and then just wipe it down when you are done, cause you don't want that sweat sitting there on your strings the acid will wreak havoc.

what type of fretboard do you have?
Rosewood. They're my favorite. Do different types of wood have different characteristics?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100

lol weird, with me I seem to get faster if I sweat because its more slidey etc and thats even if its slighty im not talking like lots. I thought that was the same with everyone. Does it make it more awkward for most people then if you sweat?
just practice and then you won't sweat as much.
It's like running or lifting weights.
I love white guitars!
Silk gloves...

Just cut off the fingertips. I'm not sure how efficient they would prove to be, but you could try it.
Last edited by Ox Iceman at Jul 2, 2008,