So me and the bass player in the band Im in are starting a side project,influenced mostly by that band 3oh3 (http://www.myspace.com/3oh3 ) and Im going to create most of the beats/sounds. Ive never used synths or computer-based sounds before,so I need some help deciding what to buy. Id like something that can make alot of sounds like the ones 3oh3 uses,and drums too. IM looking at the Korg Kaossilator (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Korg-KAOSSILATOR-Dynamic-Phrase-Synthesizer?sku=703051) and the E-Mu Xboard 25 (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/EMu-Xboard-25-USBMIDI-Controller?sku=706283 ). Also,those M-Audio MIDI keyboards look good,too. Which of these would be best for what i need?
Were living in a world of fools,breaking us down,when they all should let us be.
can do most of that with vsts from iso torrent and a midi keyboard. you could get a really crap old keyboard with midi for much cheapness. just need a decent pc.
Quote by tuwyci
can do most of that with vsts from iso torrent and a midi keyboard. you could get a really crap old keyboard with midi for much cheapness. just need a decent pc.

Can you go into more detail about all that? I have a keyboad with the MIDI things but i dont know anything about it.
Were living in a world of fools,breaking us down,when they all should let us be.
Quote by Krist333111330
Can you go into more detail about all that? I have a keyboad with the MIDI things but i dont know anything about it.

if youre just lookin to trigger sounds you dont need a high end midi keyboard as long as it works use it. you can make music for very little cost.
you could create midis by using a special, but cheap, adaptor that allows you to plug a guitar into a computer.
just need the right software and plugs.
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
I started playing around with synths not too long ago.

I got a midi controller (M-Audio Oxygen 61) and I got Reason. Make sure you get a nice sound card.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Quote by Cynoxx
I started playing around with synths not too long ago.

I got a midi controller (M-Audio Oxygen 61) and I got Reason. Make sure you get a nice sound card.

if you use a usb or firewire interface do you still need a good soundcard?
Quote by tuwyci

What are these? Also,how would i hook up the midi keyboard to my computer?
Quote by tuwyci
if you use a usb or firewire interface do you still need a good soundcard?

I don't understand what you mean. Like an external sound card?
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8