I was tuning my guitar and was like "Wait, why's it sound wierd?" Anyway, I kept tuning and got it how I liked. I moved my hand to make a chord and "Oh... ****." 'Tis broken! It sounds okay, except the low E it sounds really buzzy, and I can't help to keep noticing it and wonder if I should fix it. I dunno when it happened and I'm super pissed about it. I also need a new saddle cause that bastard is super high and makes it hard to bar-chord and things like that.

How much will both of these things cost, and do you reccomend I get my guitar fixed?

Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
You can just get your saddle sanded down. Also, if the nut is broken, then get it fixed for sure. A new saddle can run between $10-100+ and a nut is a little less. It really depends what you buy. You can upgrade to cow bone, which is relatively cheap at about $10-20 and will make your guitar sound better. The actual fixing of your guitar will cost probably about $50+ in labour.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
sh't....i thought this was about something else........
i will just keep my comments to myself then
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Mother ****. Thanks.

I bet it's a really risky and stupid idea to try it myself. Should I?
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox

I wouldnt try to do it without some experience. Fixing nuts and saddles are quite an exact affair. If your saddle isnt completely flat at the bottom, the contact between the saddle and guitar wont be good, and in turn, the sound won't be great either. The nut also needs to be slotted properly for each string. I tend to try to leave things to professionals, but I'm not a DIY kinda guy.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Me either, I thought it'd be easy. I just didn't wanna drive 45 mins out to this place called Swing City to get it fixed. Then local shop only a few miles away didn't do a good job with my dad's guitar, so screw that. And they're expensive too. This place is like 10 bucks cheaper.
Quote by Adam...?

Quote by Jackintehbox