Symphonic/Progressive/melodic black metal band from Hungary, although not symphonic in the way you're thinking, i.e. choirs, strings, synths etc... but more by way of trombones, trumpets, and horns. Their new album, The Arcane Odyssey came out recently to amazing reviews. They have one song up from it on the myspace "A Deathly Illusion." In one word? Epic. In three? Epic Horn Chorus.

That is all. Enjoy.

http://www.myspace.com/searbliss
Yea, I love the dark/triumphant/powerful atmosphere they have going on. These guys have been around for a long ass time and there wasn't even a thread on them. It's a shame.
Yeah I just picked up The Arcane Odyssey. Shame a band of this calibur is so unknown.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Last edited by Penisaur at Jul 2, 2008,
You people need to listen to this band! The Arcane Odyssey is sooo epic/atmospheric.
Its always good to see Symphonic bands prefer horns and wood winds over the heavily over used classical strings instruments.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Thought I'd bump this bad boy. I was looking through 2004's albums on Metal Storm and stumbled upon Glory and Perdition, remembering that I had it in my collection and that it was damn good. Damn right, it is.

I'm listening to the newest effort right now, The Arcane Odyssey. Beautiful mix on it.
I've found Jesus
Great band. Majestic is the best word to describe them
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Yes, good band. Although I think I prefer the some of the member's side project, Forest Silence

The Arcane Odyssey is still a massive album, though.
I can take a road that'll see me through.
Still a huge fan of this band. I simply cannot recommend The Arcane Odyssey highly enough. Excellent music to go to sleep to as well.

For anyone interested in checking this band out, my personal favorite track of theirs and probably one of my favorite songs period.

Blood on the Milky Way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVwHBZFhpos
I was recently reminded of this band, and I still say that the use of brass instruments mixes very well with this band, it adds an epic/ majestic advancing feel to The Arcane Odyssey that strings alone cannot do.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.