Well the title says it all.
but if anyone knows what settings would be good for my MT2 to sound somewhat zacky.
and if you could please put it in like "High: 3 o' clock" format if you know what i mean...
THANK YOU VERY MUCH PEOPLE!

and oh yea!
If also you know Three Days Grace's tone on a MT2 it would be much appreciated!
Last edited by gabriel_atl13 at Jul 2, 2008,
i have no idea but if u figure it out tell me plz
srry for not being able to help lol
Quote by Baldorr
i have no idea but if u figure it out tell me plz
srry for not being able to help lol

its fine, and if i do find out i'll tell you
the mids need to be wayy scooped.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by Dark_Raven10
the mids need to be wayy scooped.

ummm... dumb it down a little for me... hahah
scooped? like low?
Yea, scooping your mids is when you take your mids down a whole lot, like to 3 or 2 or even 0, while having your bass and treble normally set or pretty high up. I personally think it sounds horrible, too hollow, but some people like it. I don't know much about a7x's tone, but I don't know if you can get it with that pedal. The truth is, it's a pretty bad sounding pedal. Just remember: never use a distortion pedal in your already distorted amp, use it in your clean channel.
Quote by DarkPsychedelia
Yea, scooping your mids is when you take your mids down a whole lot, like to 3 or 2 or even 0, while having your bass and treble normally set or pretty high up. I personally think it sounds horrible, too hollow, but some people like it. I don't know much about a7x's tone, but I don't know if you can get it with that pedal. The truth is, it's a pretty bad sounding pedal. Just remember: never use a distortion pedal in your already distorted amp, use it in your clean channel.

well what pedal would you recommend for an a7x sound?
i just got mine yesterday, i'm sure i can still go switch it.
laney vh100r get good tone for that kinda music.
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
It depends on your amp. If you have a spider or a marshall mg or something like that, pedals won't make it much better. They can actually make it worse. The Electro Harmonix Metal Muff is often recommended. I'm not a big fan of distortion pedals, I prefer amp distortion.
Avenged usually runs a pretty scooped mid setting. Bass 8 Mid 3 or less and Treble around 7. I hear Syn and Zacky use a krank distortus maximus pedal for distortion, but then again they play bogner amps which are really expensive so they may get distortion from there. Dont know how much that helps but i tried