I was looking through ebay for a final check before i bought my pups for my JEM build and i noticed there was a separate category for reverse wounds SDS-1 Dimarzio single coil

If my arrangement is brdige evo, mid sds-1 and neck SD jazz, with a 5 way switch would i need a reverse or reg. wound one? also if in the future i want to coil tap it (like herman li's signature)
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
well if you want it to be hum cancelling in positions 2 and 4, with the coil split that is.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
i'm not quite clear

so if i have a regular HSH arrangement,
1 - Bridge Humbucker
2 - Half Bridge Humbucker + Single Coil
3 - Single coil
4 - Half Neck Humbuck + Single Coil
5 - Neck Humbucker

but if it's coilsplit, then it's using the other half of the humbucker (further away from the middle) so THEN and only THEN i need it to be reverse wound to be hum cancelling?
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
sorry to bump but here: diagrams solve everything:

okay i'm guessing the top one is coilsplit, so if it's in the top one's arrangement, it'll need to be reverse wound?

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Actually, in the pushpull in that diagram changes which coil is selected. That switching has automatic coil splits. So if you were wiring it that way, you should go for the reverse wound.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Last edited by walker-rose at Jul 2, 2008,
^ thank you very much.

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build