is $270 a good price to sell my epiphone les paul standard for. i just got offered that on craigslist
Well it's up to you. Do you still play the guitar? Do you even still like it? Is it in good condition? We really can't answer this question for you. If you want to sell it by all means, go sell it.
ill give you everything in my left pocket for it hold on

(rummages through pocket)

okay a penny two twisty ties a pick and a gum rapper
Like its brand new with no scratches on it? Don't those cost like $800 new? You should sell it for like $500ish.
well robbed as in more than $30 because i dont care if im only out a couple dollars like 20 or so?
whatever. im just selling it to get a MIM stratocaster anyways so no big deal i think i can make up the difference
Why are you going to get ripped off just because you are going to get a cheaper guitar...
Quote by Can't Stop
whatever. im just selling it to get a MIM stratocaster anyways so no big deal i think i can make up the difference

Well, if you're cool with getting ripped off, go for it.

Honestly, it seems to me you're just in the mood for some instant gratification.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Jul 2, 2008,
why are you saying im getting ripped off. I just looked on ebay and there going for about 280-300. thats not that much more
oh, so the other lemmings waltz off the cliff and that makes it okay to follow them? you don't know what the ebay guitars look like! if it's worth $500, you sell it for five hundred.
the best rule for selling anything is to find it's new cost and the amount of money you could trade it in for, and use the number smack in the middle as a solid price-
new is 100%
pawn shop offers you 50%
sell it for 75%, everyone wins. you make more money than you could, they get it for cheaper than they could, you shake hands and play poker on the first sunday of every month.
Quote by SEANOmd
oh, so the other lemmings waltz off the cliff and that makes it okay to follow them? you don't know what the ebay guitars look like! if it's worth $500, you sell it for five hundred.
the best rule for selling anything is to find it's new cost and the amount of money you could trade it in for, and use the number smack in the middle as a solid price-
new is 100%
pawn shop offers you 50%
sell it for 75%, everyone wins. you make more money than you could, they get it for cheaper than they could, you shake hands and play poker on the first sunday of every month.

well i got it for $450 and im selling it for $270 so thats 60%. so really its not that bad
wow, what are you guys talking about? This is an EPIPHONE les paul STANDARD. Not a Gibson and not a custom or elitist. It costs about $450 brand new, where they heck are you getting $800 from?

As far as the TS, $270 is an okaaaay price, but if its pretty much in perfect condition you should be able to get $300 for it, maybe even a little more. But selling it for $270 wouldn't be the biggest mistake of your life
Quote by lefty_strat_str
Only buy guitars that have had their wood harvested from the north side of the tree, during the summer solstice, by virgin druids suffering from dwarfism. Next stupid question, please.
Quote by bbsbass
wow, what are you guys talking about? This is an EPIPHONE les paul STANDARD. Not a Gibson and not a custom or elitist. It costs about $450 brand new, where they heck are you getting $800 from?

As far as the TS, $270 is an okaaaay price, but if its pretty much in perfect condition you should be able to get $300 for it, maybe even a little more. But selling it for $270 wouldn't be the biggest mistake of your life

ya thats what i was thinking. thanks for the input. i originally had it at 300 but that dude worked me down to 270. but ya whatever
I remember seeing a link to a website that had an les paul for $800, thought i don't know which one it was. I didn't think the epi lps were that expensive but I don't know anything about them.