Yeah, I'm looking to buy a Schecter, (pretty sure thats what i want) and right now I'm looking at a Damien FR. Comments? Advice? Are there better Schecters for around the price of the Damien FR? Or a better model? I chose to look at Schecter because right now I'm playing a Fender Strat (mexican made model) and its just not good for what i play, which is similar to Killswitch Engage and Avenged Sevenfold. Avenged Sevenfold being the reason I initially started looking at Schecters.

Thanks.
Of all the Schecters out there the Damien FR is probably the worst. Still a good guitar, but I'd go for either an Omen-6 or a C-1 FR if you need a whammy. C-1s are always good guitars. Go a bit higher in price and you can get a set neck, though. I try to avoid LFRs though, so I avoid the Damien FR like the plague.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
Of all the Schecters out there the Damien FR is probably the worst. Still a good guitar, but I'd go for either an Omen-6 or a C-1 FR if you need a whammy. C-1s are always good guitars. Go a bit higher in price and you can get a set neck, though. I try to avoid LFRs though, so I avoid the Damien FR like the plague.

Are the FR's on the Damien series worse than the FR's on C-1's and up?
The Damien is great...

The Damien FR is a sin...

I had a hard-tail model, it was an excellent guitar but the LFR's are horrible.

The C1's have originals I think, so if you want the trem save the extra cash, 'cause you'll really regret it if you don't.

Edit: The Hellraiser C-1's have originals
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Last edited by Shredder XXX at Jul 2, 2008,
Quote by Shredder XXX
The Damien is great...

The Damien FR is a sin...

I had a hard-tail model, it was an excellent guitar but the LFR's are horrible.

The C1's have originals I think, so if you want the trem save the extra cash, 'cause you'll really regret it if you don't.

This. If you get a Damien, play it first. I've heard of them having bad wood.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Yeah huh you will . . . .
Quote by mrvile

the whammy is a need i guess, however i dont use mine much. but i'd hate to be without it when its needed. so, with the budget of about a grand, what would be the recommended model? lol, also, what does the "FR" even mean? I'm not the really techy type, lol.
FR means Floyd Rose. The whammy bar brand? You want an Original (OFR) and not a Licensed (LFR) because LFRs are made with crappy material and such. Don't hold tune, deteriorate. More frustration than they're worth.

For about a grand I'd get either the Hellraiser FR or the Blackjack ATX FR. Depends on your preference. Both have active pickups but one set are EMGs (in the Hellraiser) and are tappable (able to be split into single-coils) and one set are Blackouts (in the BlackJack ATX). You'll also have money left over and they are professional quality guitars. They're about $800 each, I believe.

If you don't like active pickups, try the new Stilleto Classic (I believe it's called). It has a whammy bar made by Kahler (Or Gotoh . . . . I forget) for Schecter and it's supposedly really good. That's about a grand. I'm not sure what else has a whammy in Schecter's stock (that's professional quality).
Quote by mrvile

My advice for you:

Don't buy a Schecter! Any Schecter I've ever played has been an overpriced, mediocre hunk of wood.
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
FR means Floyd Rose. The whammy bar brand? You want an Original (OFR) and not a Licensed (LFR) because LFRs are made with crappy material and such. Don't hold tune, deteriorate. More frustration than they're worth.

For about a grand I'd get either the Hellraiser FR or the Blackjack ATX FR. Depends on your preference. Both have active pickups but one set are EMGs (in the Hellraiser) and are tappable (able to be split into single-coils) and one set are Blackouts (in the BlackJack ATX). You'll also have money left over and they are professional quality guitars. They're about $800 each, I believe.

If you don't like active pickups, try the new Stilleto Classic (I believe it's called). It has a whammy bar made by Kahler (Or Gotoh . . . . I forget) for Schecter and it's supposedly really good. That's about a grand. I'm not sure what else has a whammy in Schecter's stock (that's professional quality).

Not always. Some LFRs are actually really good, such as the ones made by Jackson.

I say get the Hellraiser. Granted, it's about 50 dollars extra, but it's worth it. The EMG's pump out some great distorted tones, and contrary to popular belief, the cleans are actually pretty good.
FR means Floyd Rose. QUOTE]

baha. i should have guessed that. v.v

lmao, and for the dude that said schecters are worthless peices of wood, i'd say go talk to synister gates about his "worthless peice of wood". however, what would you're opinion be on a worthy guitar?
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
FR means Floyd Rose. QUOTE]

baha. i should have guessed that. v.v

lmao, and for the dude that said schecters are worthless peices of wood, i'd say go talk to synister gates about his "worthless peice of wood". however, what would you're opinion be on a worthy guitar?

No need to get all worked up about that man. It's just his opinion, although he should have explained why.

And by the way, did you make 2 of these threads? I could've sworn I saw another one.
Quote by MinistryRules08
synister gates guitar is pretty good but its alot of money

And it looks stupid as ****

I totally agree, I was just using him as an example more on his guitar playing/success.
Last edited by sk8ing_hurtz at Jul 2, 2008,
Quote by MinistryRules08
synister gates guitar is pretty good but its alot of money

And it looks stupid as ****

Looks fine if you're him.
And all signature guitars are overpriced. Ever seen a JEM?
Quote by mrvile

Quote by ManInAClownSuit
Looks fine if you're him.
And all signature guitars are overpriced. Ever seen a JEM?

Yup but JEMs r pretty nice guitars. The Syn guitar only looks good 4 syn. But the Jems r nice 4 alot of people.

The JEM7V was the first Nice guitar i had
Quote by MinistryRules08
Yup but JEMs r pretty nice guitars. The Syn guitar only looks good 4 syn. But the Jems r nice 4 alot of people.

The JEM7V was the first Nice guitar i had

Ok, bad example. I agree that they really over did it with the logos but have you seen Zacky V's signature? Talk about logo overkill. A lot of signature guitars are like that.
Quote by mrvile

Quote by ManInAClownSuit
Ok, bad example. I agree that they really over did it with the logos but have you seen Zacky V's signature? Talk about logo overkill. A lot of signature guitars are like that.

Yeah most of em r. Im mean Syn and Zackys guitars have there names writen all over it. It looks Tacky on other Guitarist.

Its one of the reasons i dont play dean. The whole DIME thing turns me off. (and dean sound like crap 2 me 2)
Quote by sk8ing_hurtz
idk. right now i'm partial to the hellraiser FR, but idk if its a LFR or a OFR.

The C-1 Hellraiser FR is an OFR, very nice guitar, I'm buying one next week
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Quote by MinistryRules08
Yeah most of em r. Im mean Syn and Zackys guitars have there names writen all over it. It looks Tacky on other Guitarist.

Its one of the reasons i dont play dean. The whole DIME thing turns me off. (and dean sound like crap 2 me 2)

The excessive use of "2" and "r" is making my head hurt a little bit.
Quote by Shredder XXX
The C-1 Hellraiser FR is an OFR, very nice guitar, I'm buying one next week

I already have one.
Best guitar I've ever played.
Quote by mrvile

Quote by aznmetalhead93
It's an OFR.

well, sounds like a case closed. lol, thanks for saving me from the damien, damn those cool bat inlays.