So, at my local GC they have a Peavey Valveking 112 used for 300 bucks. You guys think its a good deal? Also, how much do you think they'll give for my Peavey Studio Pro 112?
Quote by syk3d
"ahh......yeah. I've just got this old acoustic. Will it be ok if I bring it on board?"
"drop your pants."

Yeah its good price as long as its not trashed, they are $399 new.

Just go and ask them how much you will get.
I think it's a great deal, considering I paid $718 USD (plus a discount) for mine.

I ****ing hate Jamaica.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
as long as its not destroyed, get the VK. I dont have any experience on the studio pro, but I have on the valveking, and its so sexy
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Raijouta
I think it's a great deal, considering I paid $718 USD (plus a discount) for mine.

I ****ing hate Jamaica.

:O A Jamaican UGer?!?!!?
How Awesome!!!
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Phillitalian
as long as its not destroyed, get the VK. I dont have any experience on the studio pro, but I have on the valveking, and its so sexy

He is going to trade his studio in not buy one
Quote by Phillitalian
:O A Jamaican UGer?!?!!?
How Awesome!!!

It's not awesome for me, considering I have to pay out the ass to get a good (READ: good "budget") amp due to weight.

With that money I could've gotten a used 5150 combo if I lived in the US, but noooo.

;_;
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
mine crapped out after 3 day's. might of got a bad one but.......................
I was there today, and it seem in pretty good condition, but some people say it gets muddy on high volumes, does anyone know anything about that?

If not, I guess I'm gonna have to go there myself and blast the damn thing.

EDIT: Oh, and if it matters, I like to play stuff like Gn'R, Pink Floyd, AC/DC but also some punk stuff.
Quote by syk3d
"ahh......yeah. I've just got this old acoustic. Will it be ok if I bring it on board?"
"drop your pants."

Last edited by Tranz at Jul 2, 2008,
didn't break...............power tubes went bad. the other thing i didn't like about it was the cabinet was made outta some thin wood. but for the price.
Last edited by mmjohn at Jul 2, 2008,
Quote by mmjohn
didn't break...............power tubes went bad. the other thing i didn't like about it was the cabinet was made outta some thin wood. but for the price.

Peavey is known for its horrific cabinet construction and sound, which is why no one uses them. Ever.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by Copilot911
He is going to trade his studio in not buy one

He was saying that he doesn't have any experience with the Studio Pro but he has experience with the VK meaning he can't compare the two amps to tell the TS if he would be better off keeping the Studio Pro or if the VK would be better for him.

The way I look at it is you really can't go wrong with a Peavey so go ahead and get that VK
Quote by Tranz
I was there today, and it seem in pretty good condition, but some people say it gets muddy on high volumes, does anyone know anything about that?

If not, I guess I'm gonna have to go there myself and blast the damn thing.

EDIT: Oh, and if it matters, I like to play stuff like Gn'R, Pink Floyd, AC/DC but also some punk stuff.

Mine sounds BETTER when it's cranked up. Also, stuff like GNR and ACDC just sound so natural coming out of my amp. The chunky and heavy yet searing sound. It's great for punk, too. The cleans won't be totally incredible, especially compared to original pink floyd, but it'll make do. Swap out the speaker to something good like Eminence as soon as you get the cash. The redcoat that I have would be a great improvement for those marshally crunch tones you seem to be after.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Raijouta
Peavey is known for its horrific cabinet construction and sound, which is why no one uses them. Ever.

Tom Morello does!!
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Tom Morello does!!

Yes, but Tom Morello is weird. AKA Tom Morello is Tom Morello.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
I have a Valveking combo and it is not thin pieces of wood as suggested. It is very thick and durable if anyone has picked one up. UUUmmm, yeah, no one buys Peavey (sarcasim).

Listen to these demos starting with the one that is 11 minutes long.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Sadistic+sponge/

Then go over to Guitar Gear and Accessories to find out more. It is not the greatest amp in the world but for 3 or 4 hundred dollars it is hard to beat.

word
Quote by Raijouta
Yes, but Tom Morello is weird. AKA Tom Morello is Tom Morello.

Yea... I suppose you're right... Tom Morello really doesn't qualify as "human" so he really doesn't count lol.

TS - Why are we still talking about this amp... haven't you ran out and bought it yet!!!?????
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I have a Valveking combo and it is not thin pieces of wood as suggested. It is very thick and durable if anyone has picked one up. UUUmmm, yeah, no one buys Peavey (sarcasim).

Listen to these demos starting with the one that is 11 minutes long.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Sadistic+sponge/

Then go over to Guitar Gear and Accessories to find out more. It is not the greatest amp in the world but for 3 or 4 hundred dollars it is hard to beat.

word

i'm not putting it down dude chill..............the cabinet is made from thin wood. i owned one and it's thin. the power tube's like i said.........maybe i just got a bad one. for the price not a bad amp at all.
i don't have a measuring stick on me but it seems to be about standard size thickness for an amp. Maybe 1.5 - 2cm. About the same as my other amps.

i just didn't want anyone to get an impession that it is some thin piece of plywood. this thing is built like a tank imo.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jul 2, 2008,
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Yea... I suppose you're right... Tom Morello really doesn't qualify as "human" so he really doesn't count lol.

TS - Why are we still talking about this amp... haven't you ran out and bought it yet!!!?????

I would love to go out and buy it, but unfortunately, GC is closed.

So does anyone know how much I'll get for the Pro Studio 112?
Quote by syk3d
"drop your pants."

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
i don't have a measuring stick on me but it seems to be about standard size thickness for an amp. Maybe 1.5 - 2". About the same as my other amps.

i just didn't want anyone to get an impession that it is some thin piece of plywood. this thing is built like a tank imo.

1 1/2 to 2 inches......you might want to get a ruler homey. 2 inch you would need a crane to move it.
Does anyone know how much GC would give for my current amp?
Quote by syk3d
"drop your pants."