Ok, So with the help of warmoth a friend and I are building a guitar. What we've got going is:

1)an SG style body more strat thickness than classic SG made out of Alder
2)A jackson style maple neck with a Rosewood fretboard

I'm only putting a bridge pickup in it and I'm trying to decide what to put in. I'll be running it through a Randall RG100SC amp and I'm into Hard Rock and Metal. Pantera, Megadeth, Metallica etc. I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks!
Pantera - Bill Lawrence bridge pup
Megadeth - Duncan JB or Duncan LiveWires
Metallica - EMG81

Suggestions : The Seymour Duncan JB goes well with alder-bodied guitars, or so I have been told. Others from SD might be - Duncan Distortion, Custom, Custom Custom, Custom 5, Alternative 8 (alnico 8 magnet), Blackout, or try the P-Rails, if you're handy with some soldering; for amazing versatility.

Also check Dimarzio. I don't really know anything about Dimarzio's except for the Super Distortion. Which probably would work for you, however there are better options.

Or if you have a higher budget, look at Bareknuckles, or Swineshead, or some other boutique pickups.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
i would say either a seymour duncan JB or distortion, distortion most especially.

im a duncan loyalist, gibson pickups are also amazing but theyre fairly expensive

Quote by jetfuel495
the dave mustaine sig livewire

but those only come in sets

so get the set, no reason not to have a neck pickup, really helpful
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Last edited by spiderjerusalem at Jul 2, 2008,
Why alder, might I ask? Get Mahogany, for a guitar with more low end. You need teh br00tz, right?

I'm going to veto the earlier suggestion of the Super Distortion. That pickup is more suited for 80's metal. Like hair metal.

If you go with an alder body, consider a Seymour Duncan SH-11 (or TB-11, depending on your bridge style...).
If you go with mahogany, a Seymour Duncan SH-5 Custom would be a good choice.