i was thinking of buying a new guitar and i've had my eyes set on a fender strat hss standard with the humbucker pickups. but the thing is i play in a hardcore band and i dont know if i can use that for it. i do of course play blues, shred, rock and stuff so ill be using this new guitar on every genre. do you think it has enough punch for my band?
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
the question is:
can your AMP handle it?
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
HSS will work for metal, but there are better alternatives for just metal.

However, HSS strat is extremely versatile. Good for blues, rock, just about anything. Go for it.

But, what amp are you using?
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Try it out if you can. That way you know if it works or not.
probably not stock. but with a new humbucker yes.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
get yourself a nice ibanex. like an r or s series. the strat is good but they are not the most playable guitars ever. oh and if you play metal get yourself a 5150.
if you have a metal amp.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
hell yes get an ibanez i love their 7strings
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
I've got one and it can pump out some pretty heavy tones. Certainly not the best for metal but it'll definitely work if you've got a good metal amp/distortion pedal.
yngwie plays a strat, maiden plays strats, therefore strats can be metal.

however i would still recommend a strat knockoff from a more metal brand (jackson, ibanez, esp, some schecters). If you absolutely love the fender strat tone, then go ahead and get one, but if you just are looking for a versatile guitar, there are many out there, and if you can I'd recommend Carvin guitars. Great guitars but you can't find them in stores. You have to buy them online but trust me they make QUALITY guitars.

EDIT: and also it depends what kind of metal you play. if you play death metal or anything that uses heavy heavy distortion and probably downtuned guitars, you may want to consider either getting a non-fender or if you're set on a fender get a non-stock humbucking pickup (and maybe a few non-stock singles for blistering metal leads too. )

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

change the humbucker no matter what you play, the stock humbuckers usually suck in fenders
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
why wouldnt it handle metal.
as some guy pointed out above somewhere its not about wether your guitar can handle metal but if your amp can.
go check out levison blade rh4s. Most versatile guitar ive ever seen. Will do metal no problem.

www.bladeguitars.com
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
hrmmm im getting some mixed feelings here...
i just really like the playability of the strat, but then again i kindaaa want 24 frets.
big dilemma
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by slayer_zero
hrmmm im getting some mixed feelings here...
i just really like the playability of the strat, but then again i kindaaa want 24 frets.
big dilemma

Showmaster?

Or a Schecter C1?

EDIT: And it is my firm belief that you can play anything on anything.
ESP? Also, what kind of amp do you have?
Quote by musicianamedave
I tell them that I'm happy with my current church, the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Then I ask them if they would like to be touched by his noodly appendage.

Quote by filthandfury

YES.
Like a russian doll, with balls.

I love The Pit.
I use my Strat for metal, it owns.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Fender Showmaster has 24 frets, and better pups then the HSS Strat.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Quote by ACFCPatrick
get yourself a nice ibanex. like an r or s series. the strat is good but they are not the most playable guitars ever. oh and if you play metal get yourself a 5150.

Strats aren't the most playable guitar ever? Says who? They are just as playable as anything else if that's what kind of neck you prefer.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...